Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Year Gone, But the Memories are Still Fresh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year Gone, But the Memories are Still Fresh!

Gents,

How did the last year slip by so quickly? Many changes for me, personally, since this, my only event in 2012. However, the impression the event left with me is as fresh as ever! It is amazing to look at pics from the event and see how a simple concept applied to make us look like soldiers in a common unit:
    As many guys as possible in sack coats with Hardee hats pinned up with an eagle.

We looked similar enough to look like a unit, but different enough to be believable. What an event!

A big "Huzzah!" to all my 15th Iowa pards, and Matt for bringing the whole thing together!
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Re: One Year Gone, But the Memories are Still Fresh!

That the most amazing experience I have ever had in 19 years and it seemed like it happened just yesterday. I still get chills when I watch the video of us marching past the cemetery.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Re: One Year Gone, But the Memories are Still Fresh!

The real world made this my only event of 2012 as well. Being responsible sucks! Actually tried to describe some of the moments to a pard the other day. Finally ended up saying "Guess you just had to be there". I was on the first boat and just kept thinking how awesome it would have been to have video of everyone disembarking and the band playing.
      Huzzzahh !
      Eric N. Harley-Brown
      Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Working...
      X