This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gettysburg 2013?

I am not trying to be "us vs. them," even though it may seem so...

We all know what takes place at Gettysburg, and I support Mike "Stranger/Danger" Kirby if it means I will go to hell with him, but why worry about where we know we are not as welcome. Over in a little town on a big river will be a prime spot to focus a 150th where we ARE wanted and accepted. These two events took place at the same time and the real c/p/h community can move west and do something real. There are some quality people who have had quality events in/near said town before...
    [I][B]Brian T. McGarrahan[/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.trampbrigade.com"]Tramp Brigade Mess[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.scarreenactors.com"]Southeast Coalition of Authentic Reenactors[/URL]
    [I][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]GAME 07[/B][/COLOR][/I]

[CENTER]"[B][SIZE="2"]I am just here to get my name in the program. Wildcats![/SIZE][/B]."[/CENTER]

Comment

Re: Gettysburg 2013?

I had a discussion the other day with someone on why people in the authentic community tend to shy away from the zouave aspect of the hobby and decided to throw this out there. Who would be interested in doing an authentic company of Lousiana Wheat Tigers for 150th Gettysburg?
      Thae 1st Louisiana Special Battalion, Louisiana Infantry, aka Wheat's Tiger Zouaves did not fight at Gettysburg. The battalion was disbanded on August 21, 1862, following the death of Roberdeau Wheat at Gaines' Mill. I do not know when the 1st Battalion, Louisiana Zouave (Coppens) was detached from the Army of Northern Virginia for duty in Virginia.
      Andrew Grim
      The Monte Mounted Rifles, Monte Bh'oys

Burbank #406 F&AM
      x-PBC, Co-Chairman of the Most Important Committee
      Peter Lebeck #1866, The Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
      Billy Holcomb #1069, Order of Vituscan Missionaries

Comment

Re: Zouaves at Gettysburg 2013?

I think the Zouave question has been answered.

If anyone wants to start a true Gettysburg 2013 thread, go ahead - we were kinda discussing two different subject here in this thread.
        Paul Calloway
        Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
        Proud Member of the GHTI
        Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
        Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Working...
        X