• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Bevard
    replied
    Re: 24th Mich - CPH Brigade at BGA Gettysburg June 27-30, 2013

Gents,

Greetings! If you are on this email, you were in the 24th Michigan and 1st Maryland at BGAburg. As we broke up at the end, we promised to keep you informed of upcoming chances to “get the band back together.” As we look forward past the end of the 150s, there is a great chance brewing.

Last time we were together, it was on eastern soil, Gettysburg. This opportunity it will be western soil and actual land – Perryville, October 7-9, 2016! A few weeks ago, we got in a conversation with Rob Murray and Joe Beedle. They want to put a regiment together for that event. At the end of the conversations, Will pitched that we would provide the left wing of Rob’s effort.

We want you to join us! Will Eichler will serve as major and wing commander. Jeremy Bevard will be the sergeant major. There will be a few more jobs to fill. The portrayal is being finalized, but we can say it will be across the field from Herb Coats and the WIG CS battalion. Though a lot of details are in the air (face it, some of you are just done with Bentonville and others are joining us at Sailor’s Creek this weekend) we can say the goal for each company this time will be larger. Our goal is to see 40 man companies in the field.

This email is a “save the date” notice. Let us know if you are interested, please. We will put out more as soon as it is available, via email, web, FaceBook and the A/C.

Hope to march with you all at Perryville, Oct 7-9, 2016.

Yours in history,
    Will Eichler and Jeremy Bevard

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Keehan
    replied

Yeah, I bet Heath's still trying to figure out who put that squirrel in his tent.

Thanks to Will and Jeremy and everyone else who put this thing together. Great event!

Leave a comment:

• 24thVOL
    replied

I agree, quite a memorable quote. And we will never forget the rebel squirrel!

Leave a comment:

• Strawfoot
    replied

Well... That certainly raised the bar for adjunct events. At moment an old Heathism comes forefront to mind.

Carpe Eventum

Best line of the weekend:

"I am busy, go away until I dress my line..."

Leave a comment:

• ColdSteele
    replied

Come on lads! Today is the last day to register for BGA Gettysburg!

Company F is still loking for good quality men and has room for more ONV brothers! Don't be one of those fellows who wished they went when they hear the stories - be part of the stories!

1st Regiment - Murray's Brigade
    "ONV/SPM Steele Company" - Company F 24th Mich / 1st Maryland Potomac Home Brigade Registration:
    Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Regards,

Thomas Steele
    Captain, Co. F (ONV/SPM Company)
    24th Mich / 1st Maryland PHB
    BGA Gettysburg -150th

Leave a comment:

• KPavia
    replied

Registered and paid for the company commanded by Capt. Andy Roscoe!!!

Leave a comment:

• ColdSteele
    replied

Gents,
    Company F of the 1st regiment, Murray’s Brigade for BGA Gettysburg is now at 14! Let’s keep these numbers growing as this is NOT an event to be missed.
    The Company F Roster is as follows:
    Brad Argue
    Jon Droska
    Dave Frohmader
    Paul Hadley
    Jim Hurlburt
    Brian Jankowski
    Tom Klas
    Daryl Koehn
    David Laspa
    Austin Motte
    Jason Reinholz
    Thomas Steele
    John Wedeward

Whether it is Co. F or another company, get signed up for Murray’s Brigade. Find a company, find your pards and get registered. There is extensive planning going on and I am, among many, excited to see this event kick off!

I’d love to see more quality, eager faces in Company F. But, I’m sure if “F” doesn’t suit you, there are plenty of other excellent companies under outstanding commanders in the 1st Regiment! Find one and sign on!

1st Regiment Company F Registration page: “ONV/SPM Steele” Company
    Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Leave a comment:

• Abe
    replied

Hey Boys

I just registered for Steele's company and it said that there are only 17 days left for registration. You need to get a move on if you are going.

Jason Reinholz

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

Boys, I can't offer a cash bounty but by golly I can bring pie! If you sign up for Co. B I'll cart some of my wife's excellent fried pies out to Pennsylvania for you.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Comer
    replied

Folks,

For those interested in coming out to take part in this effort, please consider joining Co. B if you need a home. Here is a FB page for those interested: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/420336151367735/

Leave a comment:

• ColdSteele
    replied

Paul,

Glad to hear it! It has been a while since AHT, but we'll do it just as well or better this year.

It would be nice to have a reunion of sorts of the "Stillwater Guards" at BGA in Company F. A fine group of men.

Tom Steele

Leave a comment:

• FlatLandFed
    replied

"Shirkers and Tenderfoots need not apply."
    But, Capn Cold Steele, "shirker" is my best and most practiced impression!
    Registration for F Co. arriving via overland express.
    Paul Hadley
    Survivor, AHT

Leave a comment:

• Strawfoot
    replied

Bounty men? Really?

Leave a comment:

• ColdSteele
    replied

"Captain Steele of a Deal!" - Until April 15th ONLY

This is NOT to water down standards for this company for sake of numbers. With the hard economy and other registration fee deadlines pending, this is a helping hand for the C/P/H community. We are looking for serious campaigners with a good kit, good attitude, and a hardy spirit for a quality experience at BGA Gettysburg.

Captain Steele offers a $5 per man registration incentive to the next 20 men who register for the "ONV/SPM - Steele" Company (Company F) of the 1st Progressive Regiment of Murray's Brigade for BGA Gettysburg.

Shirkers and Tenderfoots need not apply

"ONV/SPM - Steele" Company, 1st Progressive Regiment, Murray's Brigade Registration Link

https://sites.google.com/site/wester.../1st-battalion

Leave a comment:

• ColdSteele
    replied

Gents,

To help provide more information for the 1st Progressive Regiment for BGA Gettysburg, I am planning a trip to the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor's Bentley Historical Library to review the book, "Our National Liberties - the Dearest Rights of Freemen: Company F, 24th Michigan Vol. Infantry".

Hopefully, this book will offer some information for Company F and the 1st Progressive Regiment for our portrayal of the 24th Michigan at Gettysburg.

Company F is looking for good men to fill her ranks. We are comprised of member of the Old Northwest Volunteers and the Sally Port Mess. This company will maintain high standards throughout the BGA event. If you are a campaigner without a home for BGA Gettysburg, contact me for information about joining Company F. Thomas Steele - hy80steele@yahoo.com

The ONV has endorsed BGA Gettysburg as a max effort event. Company F has the honor to host them as their home company. If you seek a quality experience, register with Captain Steele in the ONV/SPM Company with the below link!

1st Progressive Regiment - Murray's Brigade Registration: ONV/SPM - Steele Company
    https://sites.google.com/site/westernbrigade/registration/1st-battalion

24th Michigan, Company F - BGA Gettysburg Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/24th-...11906555648553

Your Obedient Servant,
    Thomas Steele
    Company F, 24th Michigan - 1st Maryland PHB.
    BGA Gettyburg, June 27-June 30, 2013.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X