Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickamauga 150

Folks,
    Just to throw this out the Chickamauga and Chattanooga NMP will be hosting a large scale living history for the 150th of Chickamauga in September of 2013, details will be forthcoming.

Lee
    Last edited by LWhite64; 10-02-2009, 12:40 PM.
    Lee White
    Researcher and Historian
    "Delenda Est Carthago"
    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Re: Chickamauga 150

Awesome. Chickamauga has always been one of my favorite places.
    The most fun thing I've ever done was the steam locomotive pulling 2 flatcars full of CS troops at the 1999 Chickamauga re-enactment. Wouldn't it be neat to see a trainload of Longstreet's men going down the tracks?
    Mark Taylor

Comment

They did that last year and they usually do. I have a friend who works for the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and he says they have done it for a few years now. I agree though, super cool to have Longstreets corp come down in a correct manner, even if the train itself is a bit modern(steam powered, but circa 1950's)

Sincerely,
      Brian Gauthier

Rat Tail Mess
      Wolftever Mess
      SCAR-Southeastern Coalition of Authentic Reenactors

Cry "Havoc" and let slip the dogs of war.

Comment

Thanks for the post, Lee!

I will attend whether I still live here in NC or am permanently living in Chatt, which is the plan......sounds like a great time.
        Joe Madden
        13th New Hampshire Vols.
        Co. E
        Unattached

Comment

Shoney Bear (and I) can not wait to go back out to Chickamauga for an event!
          Bill Backus

Comment

Work on securing the Flying arty.
            That was the best ever!
            Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
            Old wore out Bugler

Comment

I'm sure you can count on plenty of us going ! Hopefully it could be something along the lines of what we did with the AoT / ANV living history a couple years back.We moved in real time, following the actions of the 7thSC and the 7th Texas (?) The photos of that, what over a quarter mile skirmish line,heading towards Snodgrass, are something to behold .
              Last edited by Mtn.Guerilla; 10-02-2009, 02:10 PM.
              Eric N. Harley-Brown
              Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Originally posted by briangauthier View Post
                They did that last year and they usually do. I have a friend who works for the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and he says they have done it for a few years now. I agree though, super cool to have Longstreets corp come down in a correct manner, even if the train itself is a bit modern(steam powered, but circa 1950's)

Sincerely,
                Are you kidding me? I need contact info!!
                Mark Taylor

Comment

Lee,

God willing and the creek don't rise (a real threat in recent weeks where I live), I will be there!

Jim Butler
                  Jim Butler

Comment

You planning on involving the REEEAAAL Company Aytch for this one? Give the Guards a shout around that time.
                    Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
                    Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
                    ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
                    ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
                    ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
                    ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
                    ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

If you have the battle at Reads bridge again, Ill be there.
                      Jim "Doc" Bruce
                      War means fightn and fightn means killn.
                      L 'audace, l 'audace, Toujours l 'audace.
                      Every man must know his limitations.

Comment

Gawd... I hope it is nothing like "Chokeadusty" 1999's mainstream event that year. I still have rocks in my nostrils from that event.

All the best- Johnny Lloyd:wink_smil
                        Johnny Lloyd
                        John "Johnny" Lloyd
                        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                        SCAR
                        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

[QUOTE=Jon The Beloved;158941]You planning on involving the REEEAAAL Company Aytch for this one? [QUOTE]

Who's gonna dig them up?
                          Michael D. Hawke

Comment

'Tis an inside joke from the 145th Anny Living History in which too much fun was had..
                            Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
                            Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
                            ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
                            ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
                            ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
                            ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
                            ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

I think it could be a "we will look at it for sure" event. I love the area.

Comment

Working...
                              X