Chickamauga 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chickamauga 150

This looks to be a good event for the use of Spencer rifles with Wilder's Brigade. I will be there with the 17th Indiana Infantry.
    Andrew L. Bresnan
    National Henry Rifle Company
    ICSS
    7th Illinois Veteran Volunteer Infantry
    Victory Through Rapid Fire!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Chickamauga 150

Although the organizers of the 15 Iowa at Shiloh, 4th Tx at Antietam, and 2nd Mississippi at Manassas are forming a CS Eastern Regiment at the Blue Grey Alliance event the weekend before the 150th anniversary (I/ we) still plan on providing support to the park the following weekend. For those that can afford the time off from the 21st century.

Additionally like at Shiloh (15th Iowa) trying to figure how we can also support the park with our large effort the weekend before. Brainstroming is appreciated as we are a greater distance from the park to the event site as it was for Shiloh.

On a side-

Feel that for the anniversary weekend a AOT, ANV combined effort is warranted like in 2007. I'm sure a US impression is also easy to accomplish.

Just my .02

My beloved Carolinans (South) fought and died in this battle after a long train ride through their home state so I plan on taking every opportunity to honor them for this 150th. All be it through a larger event and a smaller one on the park site over the span of two weekends.

Respectfully,
      Skip
      [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
      [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

I am certainly slating this one onto my calendar. Chickamauga has always been a special place to me. I have fond memories of the combined Mudsill / States Rights Guard living history held on the battlefield. Anyone remember little Gumbo getting seized by the SRG...and later liberated by the `Sills? The scene is frozen in my memory like a Troiani painting!
        Attached Files
        Paul McKee

Comment

The Gumbo kidnapping episode will always be one of the most hilarious things I ever participated in at a living history event. I wasn't with the SRG but was on one of the CS gun crews for the event. That's where my avatar photo was taken.

Ask Scott Cross if he remembers getting tackled by a reb as the Mudsills made the headlong charge to reclaim Gumbo - that was me.....

Todd Guthrie

ex-20th Tenn.
          ex-Picketts Mill Living History Group
          ex-Chickamauga NMHP Gun Crew

Comment

And this was the one of tow SRG events I had to miss due to military obligations. I've always hated that happened. :(
            Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
            Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
            Former Mudsill
            Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Ok, folks finally got the offical go from work, so if anyone is interested in the official 150 living history contact me. Plans are to center to CS living history program around Poe Field, looks like the guiding impression will be Bate's Brigade, Ill have details soon about which Regiment.
              Lee White
              Researcher and Historian
              "Delenda Est Carthago"
              "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sounds good to me! I would definitely prefer something like this instead of the Chickamaugafest that they will be having!
                [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Brandon Dorrill
                Armory Guards
                Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
                Proud descendant of Pvt. William A. Fuller
                39th Alabama Volunteer Infantry Co. E
                [/FONT]

Comment

Grew up on Signal Mtn., spent a lot of time on that battlefield, and drooling over the Fuller gun collection. I would love to get home.
                  Paul Manzo
                  Never had I seen an army that looked more like work......Col. Garnet Wolseley

Comment

Some of us Texas boys are interested as well.

Kevin Dally
                    Kevin Dally

Comment

Working...
                    X