Macon & Western Picket Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Macon & Western Picket Post

The 66th Illinois Infantry Western Sharpshooters is an excellent regiment to choose. This event looks to be a good event and I would hope to attend if a couple of things work out for me agt work. Another thing I am interested in deals with the choice of weapons. As I am always on the hunt for new sources and information is there a source documenting the use of 42 Springfields and Spencer Rifles and Carbines by the Western Sharpshooters 66th Illinois Infantry? I have not been able to find any sources and want to add to my library of information. Thanks for any information.
    Andrew L. Bresnan
    Andrew L. Bresnan
    National Henry Rifle Company
    ICSS
    7th Illinois Veteran Volunteer Infantry
    Victory Through Rapid Fire!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Andrew, No the 66th Illinois Infantry WSS was originally issued Dimick Plains Rifles and by '64 had privately purchased over 250 Henry repeating rifles. The other options listed in the guidelines are there to be accommodating to those who have neither Henry Rifles nor Dimick Plains Rifles.

Lewis M Robinson Jr
      Armory Guards
      Snake Nation Disciples

"They were the dirtiest men I ever saw. A most ragged lean and hungry set of wolves. Yet there was a dash about them that the northern men lacked." Maryland Resident upon seeing the Confederate Army

Comment

Less than two weeks until the Picket Post. If you've been sitting on the fence, get off it and get that registration form in to Lewis, stat!
        Joe Knight

Armory Guards
        Yocona Rip Raps
        "Semper Tyrannis."

Comment

Working...
        X