Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directions

Directions for Pilot Knob

Ft. Davidson State Historic Site is where the battle will take place. It is located in Ironton, Missouri. A google map or GPS search will get you there. You can access the state park website for Ft. Davidson here: http://mostateparks.com/park/battle-...-historic-site . Look for “Directions” in the menu on the left side of the page and you can enter where you are coming from to get directions.
    The photos below should help you orient yourself once you are in the vicinity.
    You will need to get on MO Hwy. 21. Once on it, look for Hwy. 221 which branches off to the East.

This is the approach to the intersection from the north on Hwy. 21

1.jpg

Approach from the south

4.jpg

Turn East and go about a tenth of a mile. The first right is Industrial Drive.

Here is a shot from the intersection. That is Industrial Drive heading off to the left. The historic site is adjacent to it past the road.

2.jpg

Turn right on Industrial Drive and proceed a few hundred yards. You will see registration on the left at one of the entrances to the historic site.
    Register there and proceed to parking. It will be a little past registration on your left. Everything should be marked and easy enough to find there. There will be a sign saying ‘14th MO CS shuttle’. Wait there for a ride out to our camping spot on Friday.
    I will run the shuttle until about 8 PM. If you arrive after that point, you will need to go directly to the camp site for Friday night. We have permission to park vehicles there and you will be shuttled to your vehicle after the event ends on Sunday afternoon.
    The bed and breakfast will not show up on a GPS. But you can get directions on Google maps. Type in ‘Plain and Fancy Bed and Breakfast, Ironton MO’ into Google Maps, and it will give you the directions.

3.jpg

This view is from the West. If you are coming that way on Hwy. 72, the turn-off will be about 100 yards past this on the left. I will have a sign at the turn-off. Cross a concrete bridge into the camping area.

At our campsite, firewood will be limited to downfall that can be found in the neighboring tree line. There will be no toilet facilities so be prepared for that. There is water there though.

If you get lost or have troubles, call 573-521-8170 to reach me on my cell phone.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys
Working...
X