No announcement yet.

Bermuda Hundred - Who Else is Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bermuda Hundred - Who Else is Going?

The Old Guard will be there. Co A 15th Virgina.

Nice seeing the pics of the workday. I look forward to seeing everyone.
    Cameron Stinnett

A E K D B

Comment

I plan to be there with the CVG in blue. Sounds like it has a lot of potential.
      Michael A. Schaffner

Comment

Believe he moved the next work day to the 22nd...the 8th is a conflict for John (Liberty Rifles meeting in Gettysburg)
        Jeff Nichols
        Valley Light Horse

Comment

I will be there with the AG. Looking forward to this one.
          David Parent

The Cracker Mess
          MLK Mess
          Black Hat Boys
          WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Comment

I am going.
            Chris Fisher
            Hospital Steward
            Tinct Opii Mess

Comment

I've been told that I'm supposed to be there in some minor capacity. :D
              Brian Hicks
              Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

I plan on being there with Starr's Battery.

Derek Carpenter
                Derek Carpenter
                Starr's Battery

"First at Bethel, farthest at Gettysburg and Chickamauga, last at Appomattox"

Comment

Checking airfares... I'd need a home in blue, and rounds for purchase.
                  Mike Phineas
                  Arlington, TX
                  24th Missouri Infantry
                  Independent Volunteer Battalion
                  www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Mike, check with Mr. Tipton. I do believe Mess #1 is supporting this effort.
                    Tyler Underwood
                    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

We sure are Tyler and we have gotten in touch with Mike. I think we have five guys from Mess No. 1 going right now. Ken Cornett has been tracking that for us. We are looking forward to this one. None of us has been to this event before. We also try to get out east at least once every year. Falling in with Joe Blunt's Company, I believe. From what I have seen so far, there is a good mix of "westerners" going out for this one. Should be a good time and Pagano is really working this one hard. Good start to the year with this scenario... and then to Pickett's Mill. ;)
                      ERIC TIPTON
                      Former AC Owner

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you. Be sure to keep your heads down, Tennessee isn't going to make it easy for you boys.
                        Tyler Underwood
                        Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                        Governor Guards, WIG

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

We had another workday on the site yesterday, and I got a few more pictures. I'm going to work on adding tags to them today that show the rough positions of the Confederate lines for the event.
                          Thomas T. "Tommy" Warshaw III

Comment

Thanks Tom! I am really looking forward to seeing the progress that has been made since the first work day.
                            Tyler Underwood
                            Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                            Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

The following is a general estimation of unit positioning for the Confederate lines.

1. For reference, here is the map from the event website. You will notice that there is a northern and a southern road that goes between Federal & Confederate lines.

2. Looking east(ish) from behind the Confederate lines. The northern road is just the left of the 17th/23rd Tenn while the southern road is a short way off to the right.

3. The rough position of the 4th Company, Washington Artillery. A few of the trees will come down in front to give a clearer field of fire.

4 & 5. Depending on the final size of the 30th Virginia Infantry, the right flank of the regiment may extend past the Washington Artillery.

6. The scenarios may call for a platoon or company of the 15th Virginia to deploy as skirmishers on the right flank of the 30th Virginia, just left of the south road.

7. Looking up the south road, Starr's Battery will be positioned to protect that route.

8. The position of the 15th Virginia on the extreme right of the Confederate lines (to the right of the south road).
                              Thomas T. "Tommy" Warshaw III

Comment

Mr. Underwood has a SCAR company I am proud to be a part of. If you have no home, gents, please join us!
                                Johnny Lloyd
                                John "Johnny" Lloyd
                                Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                                SCAR
                                Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                                Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                                Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                                Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
                                X