Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bermuda Hundred - One Week Away!

Greetings!

Well, we are only one week away from Bermuda Hundred! I'm taking next Thursday and Friday off and Mess No. 1 is heading out Thursday. We will stay in a hotel on Thursday night along the way and get in on Friday. I don't know about you guys, but I am itching to get back into the field, especially for this one. Sounds like we will all be doing our share of digging and skirmish.

Are you ready!?!?!? Are you packed? When are you heading out? How long is your drive?
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 04-18-2014, 08:26 AM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: Bermuda Hundred - One Week Away!

I am really psyched about this. I already know that this will be like nothing I've experienced before.

Since I found out this week that I've been appointed 1st Sgt for Co. H, 30th VA, I plan on getting there somewhat early on Friday morning to keep track of company members as they arrive in throughout the day. I'm coming from just south of Baltimore, MD, which is a little less than 3 hours from the site. I'm probably going to leave around 0500 to arrive on site around 0800-ish.
    Thomas T. "Tommy" Warshaw III

Comment

I am heading out around 8am on Thursday. The drive from South Carolina is about 5 ½ hours for me. The plan is to arrive and get all of the rations for the company unloaded and put in period containers and begin work on our company HQ.
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

The family, plus others yet to be determined, will leave Thursday during the day, drive 8 hrs to the site and either stay onsite Thurs night OR Camp Motel 6 it for that evening. Ready for Friday morning to welcome incoming recruits. I will be there for setup with Tyler for D co. 17th TN.
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
        SCAR
        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Leaving Thurs about 8 am from MI. Haven't checked the miles yet but should be about 11-12 hr drive. Looking forward to falling in with my Pards from the Armory Guards.
          David Parent

The Cracker Mess
          MLK Mess
          Black Hat Boys
          WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Comment

David, It'll be good to see you out there again. Most of the company should be onsite by mid afternoon.
            Herb Coats
            Armory Guards &
            WIG

Comment

This will be my first eastern event since Rich Mountain. Will be hanging with the Mess #1 guys and I'm ready to go.
              Mike Phineas
              Arlington, TX
              24th Missouri Infantry
              Independent Volunteer Battalion
              www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Packed and ready-to-go! Looking forward to hanging with you Mike. Looking forward to doing the things we have been talking about instead of talking about the things we are going to do!

And when we get done, let's make sure we get our AAR's posted on the AC for posterity. Who will make the first "I had fun, how about you?" post? We will see...
                ERIC TIPTON
                Former AC Owner

Comment

Michigan Dave !!!! Hey old friend, we can't wait to fall in with ya, and smoke a bowl of "backer" we will see you on Friday.

p.s. check your fb
                  Thanks,

Chad Phillips

Comment

Alright folks in a few days we begin our journey to 1864. Just in case you are wondering how to get there here are the directions that John Pagano posted on the Facebook page.

From the East:

1. 64W into Richmond - Powhite (toll) Parkway S, until ends, continue straight through suburban housing into countryside, a few miles, make left on Otterdale, a few miles, make right on to Genito, a few miles, left into site GENITO is one of Ewell's retreat routes, so nice period houses and such.
                    or
                    64W south on 95S to 288 north/west to Powhite Pkwy, then same as above

From the West:

2. 64E towards Richmond from the Valley/Charlottesville, then 288 south/east towards Chesterfield County, then RT60/Midlothian Turnpike (south and west) a mile or so, make left on to Old Hundred Road, make right on to Mount Hermon (Church) Road, go a few miles, at Church make left on to Genito, 200 yards, make right into park
                    From the North:
                    3. 95S into Richmond, Powhite (toll) Pkwy S, until it ends, continue straight through suburban housing into countryside, a few miles, make left on to Otterdale, a few miles, make right on to Genito, a few miles, left into site.
                    or 95 S to 288 - same as above

From the South:

4. 95N to 288 above Chester, VA, same as directions above on 288 north/west
                    If all else fails - the site is on two addressed locations - Clover Hill Athletic Complex (not school) and Mt. Hermon Church, both on Genito Road

The key for everyone is getting on to Genito. It does get rural, and at night may be dark and tricky.
                    There may be some signs I put up that say BH150.
                    The following address will get you in the ball park area of the event site. Hopefully signs will be put up for those not familiar with the area. 17901 Genito Road, Moseley, VA 23120

Also here is a map of the park and event site.

overal-reenactment-area-map-2014-747x1024.jpg

I hope everyone has a fun and safe trip. I look forward to seeing you all!
                    Tyler Underwood
                    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcguire View Post
                      Leaving Thurs about 8 am from MI. Haven't checked the miles yet but should be about 11-12 hr drive. Looking forward to falling in with my Pards from the Armory Guards.
                      Michigan Dave! Looking forward to seeing you again, brother. Sent you a PM.
                      Travis C. Hébert
                      -------------------------
                      Armory Guards / W.I.G.
                      ACWRT,GBA,CWT
                      -------------------------
                      "Flag taking was pretty well knocked out of me" Lt Wm. Pennington, 6th Wisconsin, Co. I

Comment

Working...
                      X