Campaigner Efforts For Bentonville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaigner Efforts For Bentonville

Event: Bentonville Campaigner Federal Adjunct.

Date: 20-22 March 2015.

Impression: 10th Iowa Infantry.

Guidelines: Forthcoming, but Western Fed should get you started.

Structure: Depends on numbers and interest. If we have a lot, we will have a bigger organization. If not, we will go with a Company led by yours truly.

Ameneties: I am looking to conduct a march in conjunction with this event, somewhere near 12 miles. Ideas put forth are to march on Saturday and directly into the event, construct breastworks, sleep on arms, and conduct soldier life on the line. A ration issue, ammo issue, and mail call have also been suggested. I am open to assistance and other ideas from participants. Any veterans of past marches conducted at this event are welcome to provide perspective, etc. for what went well and what could have been better.

This will be early Spring in North Carolina. Could be rainy, could be cold, could be delightful; but I think we would have a good time.

POC: Ivan Ingraham via email at bigbirdd03@yahoo.com I can also be reached by PM.
    Last edited by Ambrose Bierce; 06-23-2014, 11:18 AM.
    Ivan Ingraham
    AC Moderator

Re: Campaigner Efforts For Bentonville

Let me know what you need Ivan.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Tyler, Good thing you are more local now.
      David H. Thomas
      Starr's NC Battery
      Fayetteville, NC

Comment

I know right! I might have a heck of a drive otherwise.
        Tyler Underwood
        Pawleys Island #409 AFM
        Governor Guards, WIG

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. The 135th Bentonville march is one of my fondest reenacting memories. Glad to see this. I'll be there.
          Scott Sheets
          Joliet, IL

36th Illinois
          Dirty Shirts

Comment

Scott, please drop me a line. I have a few questions I would like to ask.

Tyler, will do. Right now we need rough numbers so we can start planning the logistics. We can talk more in person a bit later.

David, thanks for your message.

The train is gaining momentum!
            Ivan Ingraham
            AC Moderator

Comment

Anyone know how to get ahold of Mike Murley, the organizer of the 135th march?

Also trying to contact Bob Minton. I wrote him through this site, but direct contact would ensure we get into the Federal line up and into the event in the proper manner.

I appreciate any assistance people can provide.
              Ivan Ingraham
              AC Moderator

Comment

Ivan, I reached out to Bob. I will reply back ASAP.
                Tyler Underwood
                Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Assistance found; still ISO Mr. Murley.

Thanks.
                  Ivan Ingraham
                  AC Moderator

Comment

I will second what sy had to say. I'm in 100%.......tired of eastern and a-typical impressions. The 135 was a eye opener and im itching to do a good rugged western fed event.
                    Sean Cowger
                    Co.B 36th Illinois Vols

Comment

Originally posted by ezra parker View Post
                      I will second what sy had to say. I'm in 100%.......tired of eastern and a-typical impressions. The 135 was a eye opener and im itching to do a good rugged western fed event.
                      Then this one will be for you, Sean! Those who have served with me before know you are in for a good time. Those who have not, well, come on out and let's serve together!
                      Ivan Ingraham
                      AC Moderator

Comment

Ivan,

I have a plan for a adjunct event in the works. I have secured property for a remain overnight location. Please contact and, let's see if we can coordinate efforts. Please send me a email at surferoib51at yahoo.com
                        Taylor McCullen

51st NC Co.K

Comment

Things are beginning to take shape. More to follow, but stay tuned for important announcements soon regarding this effort.

If you are thinking about coming to this event, start getting in condition....
                          Ivan Ingraham
                          AC Moderator

Comment

Update for 3 July.

We are approved as part of the First Federal Division. Thanks to Bob Minton for making this possible.

I have verbal commitments from two organizations to raise Companies. If you are in those then you have likely received information regarding this; I will announce them once they give me permission to do so.

Michael Comer is also raising a Company. I am very pleased to have him supporting this venture!

If you and your mess are looking for a home, don't worry about not being affiliated with a group. We will find a place for you and your mates. The goal is to allow for unit and group integrity as much as possible.

As I stated earlier, it would be great to have several full size companies, but if we only get enough for one then we will arrange it accordingly; this may mean a complement of NCOs from differing organizations, all of whom will have to work together under me. If the numbers support it, we will maintain unit structure and I will just manage the show.

Feel free to contact me with questions. Thanks to all who have expressed interest and support thus far.

More to come next week.
                            Ivan Ingraham
                            AC Moderator

Comment

Update for 7 July.

I am pleased to announce the SCAR will support this venture with a Company! Lou Evans will command it.

As stated, Michael Comer is raising a Company as well.

It would be great to have three--more if there is interest--and tentatively one more is in the works, though they may just attend en masse and fall in where able.

According to Casey's (I think!) manual we need a minimum of five Companies to accurately portray fielding Battalion Colors (who knows where we will come up with those? Although they have been restored and were on display in Des Moines a few years ago, so making a copy might be less difficult, though expensive at this point with the event just eight months away), which would be great, but for now, this is excellent news!

Commissary detail is being raised, too. If you are interested in cooking or serving in this important area, please let me know. The Commissary section lead will be named soon.

More to follow.
                              Ivan Ingraham
                              AC Moderator

Comment

Working...
                              X