X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil McBride
    replied
    Re: Bentonville Photos & Videos

10th Iowa Musicians at Bentonville.jpgHere are some photos I took during the weekend from my place in Company A. It was a great weekend, by the way.

Trench digging at Bentonville.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully, here's a couple more pics.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Sheets
    replied

Ezra Parker and I showing off our plunder from our jaunt through Columbia SC.

Ferrotype by Todd Harrington

Leave a comment:

• DeBruhl
    replied

Congratulations on a job well done..... You guys looked great. It was a pleasure seeing you take the field and fighting alongside of you Saturday. I also enjoyed the fight against you on Sunday and hearing your Iowa cheer. I regret not being able get away and come over to your camp to meet you gentlemen in person.

I'll see you on the field,

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Lloyd
    replied

Bully for Company B! Huzzah and great job!IMG_165738818463516.jpeg
    Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 03-25-2015, 08:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ambrose Bierce
    replied

As I mentioned, we had a photographer dedicated to recording our Regiment on Saturday.

Clint Brownlee took some amazing photos of us!

Contact him for prints, etc.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

He closed with the following message to me:
    Thank you so much for inviting me to come take pictures for your unit. It was a great weekend and the professionalism and attention to detail that was displayed by the 10th Iowa was unmatched by anyone else at the reenactment.....I really had a great time.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Castello
    replied

This is a re-post from Facebook. Quite a few shots of us making out way into camp, including one of the Sgt. Major and his chicken!

Couldn't have asked for better comrads than the ones I had this weekend. Heres to you gentlemen!

40 Rounds!
    -Michael Lafferty

Leave a comment:

• mike44thva
    replied

Seeing Mr. Wickett's soldier climbing and falling all over the works after the battle Saturday gave me more to look forward to when my almost 2 year old fights with me.

The rest of you boys looked good too by the way.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Lloyd
    replied

Originally posted by Stephen Lunsford View Post
    Myself and my pards had a really great time at Bentonville. It was an honor to serve under Colonel Ingraham and the 10th Iowa Infantry. I believe everyone from the spectators to the mainstreamers were fully aware of the presence and capabilities of the Iowans that weekend. Our shouts of Iowa! and Forty Rounds! and our actions on the field really carried the weekend. Our campsite was great and the rations (and whiskey), and the complimentary poke sacks and towels were greatly appreciated! Digging the trenches both days added much excitement to the scenarios. We had the pleasure of serving with Company B and its officers and NCO's did a fine job! I wouldn't mind portraying the boys from Iowa again! Big pig, little pig! ROOT HOG OR DIE!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49012[/ATTACH]
    Mr. Lundsford and all: You all made a fine company of men for this event! Thank you for the privilege to lead you as your commander.

Huzzah for SCAR!

Leave a comment:

• Tyler Underwood
    replied

Fantastic photo Wick! That is one tough soldier you have there!

Leave a comment:

• LibertyHallVols
    replied

Attached is a photo of my son and I from the event. Wetplate by Todd Harrington.

Words cannot express how much fun it is, not only to see your child have so much fun with the hobby, but to show the determination he did to finish the march.

Thank you Ivan and all who organized the event.
    Thank you to all the men of the 10th Iowa! You made this weekend something my son will never forget!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Lunsford
    replied

Myself and my pards had a really great time at Bentonville. It was an honor to serve under Colonel Ingraham and the 10th Iowa Infantry. I believe everyone from the spectators to the mainstreamers were fully aware of the presence and capabilities of the Iowans that weekend. Our shouts of Iowa! and Forty Rounds! and our actions on the field really carried the weekend. Our campsite was great and the rations (and whiskey), and the complimentary poke sacks and towels were greatly appreciated! Digging the trenches both days added much excitement to the scenarios. We had the pleasure of serving with Company B and its officers and NCO's did a fine job! I wouldn't mind portraying the boys from Iowa again! Big pig, little pig! ROOT HOG OR DIE!

tick creek.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Ambrose Bierce
    replied

Here is the Regiment on Sunday morning. Our numbers were even greater on Saturday. Thanks to all who made this happen!

We received many compliments from our fellow participants and the event committee. Great job, boys!

image.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Eric Tipton
    replied

Check this one out. It is us getting into camp.

Click on the Link: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Leave a comment:

• Eric Tipton
    replied

This is awesome. Remember this family and the three horses?

Leave a comment:

• Pennvolunteer
    replied

These are great shots! Thanks for getting them on here. It was great serving with you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X