Sailors Creek Updates and Details!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailors Creek Updates and Details!

Many updates and information on this event. This is a historical experience event to wrap up the 150th. Pursue the rebels to the end of their road!!!

Message from Will Eichler, 121st NY Commander:

1. For us, this will be moving event. Organizers from the Crutchfield’s Confederate adjunct did a site visit and walk yesterday. They let me know we can plan to move between 10 and 20 miles from Thursday night to Sunday morning, with the final routes being determined now.
    2. Camps will move! We will have a different camping site each night (Thursday, Friday and Saturday). Pack like veterans!
    3. If you can’t make it in Thursday night, don’t sweat it – still register! Our Friday camp is very close to our parking and a huge part of the experience takes place after Friday evening. We are planning to have men join us then. Just like a regimental member arriving back from the hospital, be ready to jump in and get going if this is you.
    4. We are working on a historical event not to be missed Saturday night! It will be a great way to wrap up the 150th anniversary – you want to be there! No, we aren’t giving it away. Yes, it will be memorable and appropriate to the end of the war.
    5. The event will end between 10am and noon on Sunday for us. This will give plenty of time to travel out, for those of us who are coming from greater distances. This is why we worked to add the Thursday night and Friday component to our experience. It will also make it great if you are doing both Sailor’s Creek and Bentonville.
    More details will be released in the next week or two. What do we need now? YOU! Registrations are coming in each day but we still have space to grow. Please get registered as soon as you can. That helps our organizing team plan, make purchases and build a better event for you!

Message from Skip Owens, Crutchfields Brigade Commander:

"Gents! Thank you William Eichler and Sam Lowe for allowing me to pass some details on here. The Crutchfields brigade Staff and I have worked to make this event work out to be one NOT to miss.
    Remember the days when you would work with a authentic CS unit for the whole weekend? The 150ths will end in such a manner for these groups we are putting together. I have asked Will and the 121st to be our opposing force during most of the weekend. Outside of Saturday (the park day) the weekend is ours to create. We have private land for our use to create what we see as an accurate event. Logistics is also being worked to be transparent to you as the participant.
    So I know you all love working with the Johnny units I put together. I will say this: it will be one of the only times I won't hold like a oak and you lads will get your chase on with our red clad Rebels. Like Will said Saturday eve will be something to remember....
    Historical original ground- check
    Great land to play on-check
    Logistics- check
    Organization- check
    No mainstream event-check
    March-check
    Retreating Johnnies- check
    Thur/fri/sat eve our own scenario-check
    Please fwd this off to promote what we have made possible out of this event.
    Register and get others to also!!!!!
    Thanks gents,
    Skip Owens
    Crutchfields Brigade"

- - - Updated - - -

Registration info can be found here:

http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...istration-Form
    Last edited by Jeremy Bevard; 02-21-2015, 11:24 PM.
    Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
    Civil War Digital Digest
    Sally Port Mess

Re: Sailors Creek Updates and Details!

I will be with the field artillery. What time should I need to be there Friday? I don't want to miss anything but I wasn't planning to be there until after noon because I wasn't expecting there to be anything going on before then
    Kevin Barnes

Comment

Outside of the federal adjunct of the 121st NY I do not have specifics. Maybe someone here will but this folder and threads are focused on the Federal adjunct.
      Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
      Civil War Digital Digest
      Sally Port Mess

Comment

Looks like it will be great!!! Get registered!!! Shameless company B plug here for those interested in the 121st NY...:wink_smil
        Greg Swank
        49th IN Co. F
        Tanglefoot Mess

Comment

Working...
        X