150th Battle of Selma Home Guard/Citizen and Militia Adjunct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 150th Battle of Selma Home Guard/Citizen and Militia Adjunct

I should be registered as Civilian Contingent and included. Thanks.
    Robert Orrand
    N. B. Forrest Camp 215, SCV
    Civilian Adjunct - Mayor of Dover, Purdy, Raymond, Layette, and more to come... and oh yeah Gettysburg
    4thTN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Comment

Gentlemen, please pardon the intrusion--now that the final site maps are released for Selma, I'm at liberty to speak. I somehow imagine that Galen is likely at Blakely today.

Galen has made arrangements for a quality experience for you on this compact site, both with your march in, and with your Saturday night camping. Mainstream camps are on the other side of the property from you.

A similar arrangement is made for any family members you may have who wish to attend this event. Earlier in the week, I am bringing in a group of civilians to occupy the old winter quarters built by the 33rd Alabama, and will be providing staffing for the Thursday-Friday school programs.

There will also be space allocated for limited civilian tent camping in this area.

If you have family members who wish to camp, I know their impressions will be the same high quality as yours. There is a thread on the event Facebook group --please post on that with names and tentage if they wish to come so that we can plan for them. Robert Orrand will be on site to direct them as they come to set up. Due to active school programs in the area, vehicles cannot come into the area until after 2 pm on Thursday or Friday.

When you register them, the drop down menu does not include this camping option. Please just make a note in the block where you list names that these are civilians camping near the Old Winter Quarters in connection with the Home Guard.

If you have family members and do not have tentage for them, please contact me privately. I can accommodate a very limited number who are willing to come in for school programs, live in a group setting, and have completely period gear--the winter quarters are visible to the public and participants are expected to remain in period dress throughout the event.
      Terre Hood Biederman
      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Here a link for B.O.S http://battleofselma.com/ Y'all come
        Perry Humphries

Comment

We had a grand ole time with the Home Guard adjunct! It only stormed for about half an hour Saturday morning and the rest of the weekend was beautiful! Thanks to Galen Wagner and all involved who helped organize and put this adjunct together! We defended Selma to the last!
          Stephen Lunsford

Possum Skinners Mess/Tick Creek Troublemakers

150th Pickett's Mill May 2014-5th Kentucky
          150th Franklin (Carnton Plantation) November 2014-20th Tennessee
          150th Bentonville, March 2015-10th Iowa
          Pea Ridge Adjunct, September 2015-24th Missouri
          Blakeley Living History, April 2016-1st/3rd Missouri CS
          Picket Post, May 2016, Company C, 9th Tennessee "Creek Bank Mess"
          Lookout Mountain Living History, June 2017, 31st Iowa "Root Hog or Die"
          154th Chickamauga Living History, September 2017, Co. C, 23rd Tennessee
          Battle of Wauhatchie (Aka "Wet-hatchie"), Tennessee, October 27-28, 2017, 78th New York "12th Corps!!!"

Comment

The Home Guard also rousted layabouts and dogers from their beds, mostly attired in nightshirts and banyans.

In one case they were thwarted in their mission by a three year old blocking the dog trot. 'You can't Have Mah Daddy!!"image.jpg
            Attached Files
            Terre Hood Biederman
            Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
            Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

I had a really good time. All the different styles of clothing and the large array of firearms and pikes was a site to see.
              "The Woodpecker Mess"

Armory Guards

Starr's Battery

Comment

That little 3-year-old was great! It added so much to the scenario! Here's another one of Wendell's images of the Civilian Home Guard showing off their pikes!

homeguard2.jpg
                Stephen Lunsford

Possum Skinners Mess/Tick Creek Troublemakers

150th Pickett's Mill May 2014-5th Kentucky
                150th Franklin (Carnton Plantation) November 2014-20th Tennessee
                150th Bentonville, March 2015-10th Iowa
                Pea Ridge Adjunct, September 2015-24th Missouri
                Blakeley Living History, April 2016-1st/3rd Missouri CS
                Picket Post, May 2016, Company C, 9th Tennessee "Creek Bank Mess"
                Lookout Mountain Living History, June 2017, 31st Iowa "Root Hog or Die"
                154th Chickamauga Living History, September 2017, Co. C, 23rd Tennessee
                Battle of Wauhatchie (Aka "Wet-hatchie"), Tennessee, October 27-28, 2017, 78th New York "12th Corps!!!"

Comment

Had a great time at this one. Thanks to all those who helped put it on! wish more would have shown up but it is what it is and I still had a blast!
                  Nick Sparks

Breckinridge Greys

Comment

Working...
                  X