Red River Federal Adjunct June 7-13, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red River Federal Adjunct June 7-13, 2015

The start of the new season is almost upon us folks. If you wish to go to Red River and fall in the SCAR battalion please get your enlistments in sooner rather than later. This gives the event coordinators time to prepare and I cannot personally prepare the extra stuff one month away from the event. We are also looking for some more individuals or groups willing to raise companies.

Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

I did an enlistment a while back but it was before you posted what we should do to be in the SCAR outfit. I put SCAR as my unit and Jim Butler as unit and commander. Do I need to resubmit one with the proper details on it or is that good for now since it currently just serves as a measure of interest in the event?
      Michael Comer
      one of the moderator guys

Comment

Nope that wont be necessary Mike. When you fill out the actual registration that's when you will need to really ensure that the info is correct.
        Tyler Underwood
        Pawleys Island #409 AFM
        Governor Guards, WIG

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

I have great news for all you fellows in and around Missouri who need a company to fall in with a Red River! Mike Comer is now raising a company for the 77th!
          Tyler Underwood
          Pawleys Island #409 AFM
          Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

General Order #2 has been added to the website www.77thovi.com along with Mr. Comer being added as the Cmdg. officer of company B.

I would also like to remind everyone that wants to order a Wambaugh & White State jacket at the discounted price needs to have their orders in to me NLT March 10th. Please contact me for details.
            Tyler Underwood
            Pawleys Island #409 AFM
            Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Folks,

Registration is now open for Red River you can follow the link and let the organizers that you are ready to register http://www.redrivercampaign.com/contact.html

The registration fee is $125. Yes, I know that is pretty steep but that is for a week of rations, insurance and the use of wagons.

Please remember that you must enlist prior to registering.

Also please do not forget that along with SCAR, Mike Comer and Todd Morris are both raising companies for this effort. Please contact them if you wish to serve in their companies.
              Tyler Underwood
              Pawleys Island #409 AFM
              Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Folks I am VERY happy to announce that Dom Dal Bello and Bridger Philip will be bringing two companies to join us in Arkansas. Bully for California!
                Tyler Underwood
                Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

This is great news and will be a welcome addition to what is shaping up to impressive battalion! Glad to have you all on board!
                  Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
                  SCAR

Comment

Are you looking for any Federal Cavalry support for this portion of the event? I rather not be involved in the ensuing circus.
                    Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
                    Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

Bill, check with Dan Chmeler. He is working with Bob Minton and Mike Church for getting a good mounted group together.
                      Tyler Underwood
                      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                      Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Okay. Thanks.
                        Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
                        Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

After much thought and discussion, I must regretfully announce that SCAR will not be forming the 77th OVI battalion for Red River. This decision was not easy to make, but with the lack of interest it wasn’t feasible to continue with the effort on this large of a scale.

I would like to thank those of you who have shown interest. I believe that Mr. Dal Bello is still raising a company so I would highly encouraging contacting him if you still wish to attend.
                          Tyler Underwood
                          Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                          Governor Guards, WIG

Comment

Working...
                          X