Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petersburg Breakthrough

Gentleman,

Even though we are less than a week out there is still time to get involved in this event. We are still looking for both confederate and federal infantry.

Chris Mattingly
    Chris Mattingly
    The Coffee Cooler Mess

Re: Petersburg Breakthrough

Here is a good site for background information on the 6th Maryland.

Chris Mattingly
    Chris Mattingly
    The Coffee Cooler Mess

Comment

Re: Petersburg Breakthrough

Greetings all:

Well, this is my first post since 2013, and it's time to shake off the dust concerning the exciting 150th program we have planned to end the Petersburg Campaign.

Chris and I have been working together on the US-side and I think we can finally say that we've nailed down the details.

If you have not been keeping up, this is one unique opportunity and you will not leave disappointed.

Just to let you know, I have been in contact with three different cooperating organizations to make this event as fulfilling as possible. We have been granted permission to camp near Ft. Welch, original site where the Sixth Corps funneled out their columns of divisions (now NPS property).

We are then posting hourly pickets in the recently (and beautifully) preserved CWT land.

ft_welch.jpg

Finally, we are then going to march-across to Pamplin Historical Park and fire our weapons towards the original Confederate earthworks.

All following a "real time" schedule commencing at 5:40 a.m. It doesn't get better than that!

I am personally very excited and glad to have the support of two outstanding members of the Forum.

Please see the attached schedule of events and contact either me or Chris:

Best regards,
      Attached Files
      Jason C. Spellman
      Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Working...
      X