Thank you all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you all!

I just wanted to hop on here quickly and say THANK YOU to all who came out to Floyd's Folly. We had over 160 in the field with pretty even numbers and despite the rain everyone that I have talked to thus far has been VERY pleased with the event. I will post a full AAR as soon as I can get one written up. Thank you all again!
    Stephen Pavey
    "The Broadside Mess"

Re: Thank you all!

Good times despite the rain. Thanks for all your work!!
    Andrew Schultz

Possum Skinners Mess

Buzzards Mess

Comment

Thanks to you Stephen and your entire organization for all of the planning and countless hours spent organizing the event. Mess No. 1 had a bully time. Kudos to you for the adjustments made on the fly because of the weather. It was obvious from my perspective that you had your finger on the pulse throughout the weekend. For those who didn't attend, after getting bedded in on Friday night, it basically rained up until we left on Sunday morning... with a break during Saturday night. Hats off to the participants who made the best of it and soldiered on.

I love going to West Virginia. The Western Virginia campaign is not often-discussed in Civil War circles, but it makes for a spectacular setting. I look forward to future events in WV.
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

My hat is off to you Stephen and everyone else involved in bringing off such a great event. While the Hot Mess had some last minute health related drop outs, those of us who did make the trip had a real blast. I also would like to praise the efforts of the Park staff. The field was in perfect shape, plenty of wood and water, clean Johnny houses the park beautiful and every one of the staff and Rangers pleasant and engaging whenever you stopped to speak with them. To all the guys who hung in there all weekend Huzzah. I was pleased to find in Co. C 10th Ohio, every man who had come in on Friday standing semi upright, a little soggy, groggy and tired but ready to roll Sunday morning. All the Union Officers and NCO's were all first class, great job. To the Privates-outstanding work, kit and soldier skills.

In spite of the liberated beef, the forces of Jonathan E Reb, all looked great, put up some great fire, pushed well on Saturday and even reluctantly yielded the field on Sunday morning.

My only regret was not having enough time after Sunday's morning battle to go over and catch up with my misguided friends in Gray. I did manage to catch a glimpse of two or three on the way out, changing by their vehicles. but that long drive did not really allow for a get together afterwards.

Great job one and all. I will look back fondly on Floyd's Folly 2015 as one of my top events.
        Dave Hull

Comment

Great event! (And I'm picky) Thanks for having me. Look forward to your next effort!

I'm proud to say Company C, 10th Ohio, had no rain attrition during the event and actually gained a body on Sunday morning!

I saw some folks on the field I haven't seen in literally years. And Eric, whatever was in the dinner pot your were cleaning smelled heavenly!
          [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
          Past President Potomac Legion
          Long time member Columbia Rifles
          Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

Really enjoyed the event and had a great time. Special thanks to everyone that put in the hard work to make it happen. The rain just made it more real.
            Thank You.
            T. J. Cox
            Private, 26th NC Inf

Comment

Thank you for the kind words! I must say that I don't know what to do with myself anymore since I don't have to worry about rations or other logistical needs for the event... It was a fun ride and can't wait for the next one. Thanks again for your support!
              Stephen Pavey
              "The Broadside Mess"

Comment

Working...
              X