Winter Quarters AAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Quarters AAR

Well, myself and some of the other SCAR boys had a great time in Mr. Hicks company. What did everyone else think?
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Re: Winter Quarters AAR

Excellent fun and great company. Nice, relaxed event! A big thanks to Joe Knight and the crew for making it all happen.
    Johnny Lloyd
    John "Johnny" Lloyd
    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
    SCAR
    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Agreed. Good times with good people in a good setting. Thanks to Joe, Dustin Herr and the other fine fellows of the AG for their work -- and to Matt Woodburn and Justin Runyon for some of the finest camp cooking I've ever sampled.
      Matt Lakin
      Rat Tail Mess/SCAR

"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

I agree! The location and event were great. Nice and relaxed with the opportunity to drill and live fire. The food was top notch thanks to our skilled camp cooks!
        Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
        SCAR

Comment

I had a great time with all of you! Sorry not to have posted sooner. Been back to the hospital but recovering now. I had a great time seeing you guys and really liked the live fire we did on the targets. After missing the first shot, I started honing in and finished with a grouping. I love this old Japanese made Springfield rifle (1970s vintage) that I my dad defarbed and refitted with original lock and band springs. It's so light compared to the repro rifles made today and is closer to the weight of my originals. I had a great time seeing all of you, shooting, singing, and having a general good time. I'm glad you enjoyed the cooking from Runyon and Woodburn's Cooking Emporium! I'll scrounge it and find it, and Runyon will turn my scraps, seasonings, liquids and tree bark into a culinary masterpiece. We aim to please and Justin knows his craft well. I hope to see everyone at Bentonville Mar. 20-22.
          Matt Woodburn
          Retired Big Bug
          WIG/GHTI
          Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
          "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Excellent barbecue sauce Brother Justin whipped-up out of common ingredients we had in the commissary there too! ;)
            Johnny Lloyd
            John "Johnny" Lloyd
            Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
            SCAR
            Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
            Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
            Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
            Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
            X