No announcement yet.

Bluecoats needed to invade the Valley!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluecoats needed to invade the Valley!

Seeking Federal reenactors for our Thunder in the Valley event June 10-12, 2016. There are several key unit portrayals up for grabs still. Units and individuals welcomed. This is a campaigner event with a preservation march involved, however marching is optional and a static camp is being established on the grounds of the original Federal Headquarters during the battle of Port Republic. Transportation and shuttles are available for any wishing to take advantage of them.
    Information is available on our Facebook page and at

Contact me for details.
    Southerndivisionaag@gmail.com

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at the event!

Mike Scheibe
    AAG Southern Division
    Mike Scheibe

Re: Bluecoats needed to invade the Valley!

For those wishing to portray soldiers of the United States army at this event, here's an earlier post on one of the key units involved, the Eighth New York.

Some years ago I came across translations of the original German accounts of Cross Keys and was surprised to discover that, despite later southern versions of the battle, the "slaughter" was seen by the EIghth to be a victory. They even celebrated the anniversary with a party in a beer garden in New York.

In any case, it's a fine event, a great venue, and a nice time of year. I for one am looking forward to finally getting to finish the march. :)

Michael A. Schaffner

Comment

Working...
    X