No announcement yet.

Anything Cooking For 2016 EBUFU Events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything Cooking For 2016 EBUFU Events?

Wondering if anyone has any ideas they want to float out there for 2016. Has anyone heard of any early plans?
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: Anything Cooking For 2016 EBUFU Events?

2016 or 2015?
    Aka
    Wm Green :D
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
    Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

Hi Huck! 2016. It is a ways off, but we are trying to get back ahead of the planning discussions. If any members have something in mind or if you have heard about any potential EBUFU events, post 'em here.
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

Agree that it doesn't hurt to start looking at event post 150ths. I'm game to hear of anything.

Imagine that the Palmetto Guards will continue with the annual Pocotaligo picket posts in Charleston SC

Skip
        [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
        [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

The Independent Rifles will keep doing small living histories, but the day of anything aside from NPS, State and Local Parks or a Picket post is going by the wayside. Been organizing for 12 years.
          Patrick Landrum
          Independent Rifles

Comment

Our bunch or misfits will be puting on another Morning Sun event in Memphis.
            John Spain
            4th Tennessee / 25th Indiana

sigpic
            "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

I have an idea for a civilian event, but it needs further research and traction amongst the hobbyist groups. You know about it, Eric.
              Johnny Lloyd
              John "Johnny" Lloyd
              Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
              SCAR
              Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
              Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
              Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
              Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Johnny let me know if you need anything for this. You know you have my support!
                Tyler Underwood
                Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Thanks! I have a Facebook page in which I will publish research on and generate discussion. I will need the support of those that have planned events before since I haven't done it from that perspective before.
                  Johnny Lloyd
                  John "Johnny" Lloyd
                  Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                  SCAR
                  Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                  Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                  Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                  Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

We are working on a living history at Lookout Mountain for October 2016. Impression will be 31st Iowa Company B. Will post more when we get everything worked out.
                    Holler
                    Nathan Hellwig
                    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Working on a Western Theater Picket Post. Planning is in the initial stages, but it should be pretty cool. Timeframe will be early Fall (Sept/Oct), I think.

More to follow. Working on closer events at the moment!
                      Ivan Ingraham
                      AC Moderator

Comment

Is that it for EBUFU then? LHs and Picket Posts?

No offense to those noble efforts, but it breaks my heart to think of the young men coming into today's hobby who did not get to experience Pickett's Mill 2001, War on the James, Burkittsville, Berkeley Hundred, Into the Wilderness, The Immortal 600, and other fine events where there was movement, numbers and immersion. Well, maybe not a The Immortal 600, no movement there.

I can fully understand how those that did this sort of thing for years have had enough, and I applaud Pat for what he did. He joins others who organized terrific events and others long-departed from event organizing in our strange hobby, including (in no particular order) John Cleaveland, Duke Culberson (dead AND departed), Mike Murley, Don Hubbard (also deceased), Chris Anders (who kept me in the field after Duke's death), Mudflap Harrelson, Bob Denton, Linda Trent, Kevin O'Beirne.

Who will step into their shoes?
                        Bill Cross
                        The Rowdy Pards

Comment

Bill,

The living histories and picket posts were the incubators for the CPH framed EBUFU events. Quite frankly, I think it is time to get back to the roots of this end of the hobby. We need some events where the most exciting thing to happen is somebody's blanket catching fire. The real ones spent more time being bored than marching and fighting and there simply isn't enough of that in this hobby.

And to some degree, it is time to let the new guys take the wheel and think they came up with something new, while us old timers tell them how we already did that and there is nothing new in this hobby.
                          Joe Smotherman

Comment

Joe, I have nothing against LHs and picket posts. I hope I did not leave that impression.

And I couldn't agree more that it's time for the old farts like you and me to move off and grumble by the fire while the young 'uns reinvent the hobby.

I just hope for their sake there's one or two individuals coming after us who will dream up the next great event at some point down the road. I recall my friends reminiscing about the 125th-Cycle and the "legendary" guys like John Wedeward or the Mudsills or (fill in your favorite mentor) who "invented" campaigning.

Maybe if we talk about the "good ole' days" of "Picketts Mill" or "War on the James" enough, it will inspire those whippersnappers to out-do us with even better events?
                            Bill Cross
                            The Rowdy Pards

Comment

The Independent Rifles are working on a Blakely event. Dry run of multiple sides is this weekend. If it is successful we'll roll with it again.
                              Patrick Landrum
                              Independent Rifles

Comment

Working...
                              X