• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Sun

When: September 9-11, 2016

Where: Davies Manor Plantation, near Memphis, TN

Who: Hosted by the 4th Tennessee
    U.S. forces will be commanded by Jonathan Siltman, and will portray the 57th OVI
    C.S. forces will be commanded by Larry McCluney, unit TBD

Registration is $30, which includes house tour and food. Any remaining funds will be donated to Davies Manor Plantation.

Full details, impression guidelines, and registration information can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/308855319167707/
    I will also be posting them here soon.

This event will highlight the Battle of Morning Sun, which occurred near present-day Lakeland, TN on the outskirts of Memphis. This is a spectator event, but participants are expected to remain in character at all times. A select few individuals will act as “interpreters” between the reenactors and spectators.

The property has a small number of structures, which will be taken over by civilians and turned into the town of Morning Sun. Military participants will have designated camping areas, and will be campaigning. Fires are limited to one in the civilian town, and one in each military camp.

If you have any questions, please contact me at confederate314@yahoo.com, or 731-415-6563.
    Last edited by Brent Dacus; 10-05-2015, 01:14 PM.
    John Spain
    4th Tennessee / 25th Indiana

sigpic
    "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Re: Morning Sun

Here is a link for the Federal Battalion page:

Company A is Commanded by Mark Vlahos, 24th Missouri/ Bully Boys
    Company B is Commanded by Phillip Jenkins
    Jonathan Siltman
    24th Missouri Vol. Inf.
    Bully Boys Mess
    www.24thmissouri.org
    Ft. Sill Museum Gun Crew
    Good ol' Fashion Troublemaker

Comment

Federal Registration and Website is now up:

Jonathan Siltman
      24th Missouri Vol. Inf.
      Bully Boys Mess
      www.24thmissouri.org
      Ft. Sill Museum Gun Crew

Comment

There are a few civilian spots open. A shopkeeper is especially needed, as well as a family of civilian group to inhabit one of the cabins. I'm open to any other impressions you may have.
        John Spain

sigpic
        "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

We are recreating the 57th OVI colors for this event!
          Jonathan Siltman
          24th Missouri Vol. Inf.
          Bully Boys Mess
          www.24thmissouri.org
          Ft. Sill Museum Gun Crew

Comment

Registrations are trickling in. Let's keep 'me coming.
            John Spain

sigpic

Comment

Registration deadline is August 26th. Let's keep those registrations rolling.
              John Spain

sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder for the forum: Only 12 days left to register for Morning Sun. Registration ends August 26th. Don't miss out.

Payment can be made by check, money order, or PayPal. I look forward to seeing everyone there.
                John Spain

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X