X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time

Here we go.

More than a year has transpired since we at 40 Rounds Events announced this event. More effort and time have been put into making this event happen than people will ever know. The backside support is amazing and largely transparent to the participant, as it should be, I think. I will send out the thank you email after the fact, but for now, please bear with me.

The CW hobby isn't dying, but it is shifting. To what and towards where is open to interpretation, but I will say that the key ingredient to any event are participants. Thus, we build the kinds of events we would like to go to based upon feedback from people who ask "Isn't there something better?" We create the kinds of events that we would like to attend, and hope people will come for that reason with a shared vision.

We registered close to 700 people for this event. This more than any authentic effort, just for us and our side of the hobby, as has happened to date.We are on the eve of the event and pre-event attrition is mounting. The reasons and excuses are myriad as they are diverse. If you have a legitimate reason (however you define it) for not attending, we wish you all the best in sorting out the crisis so that you have peace and stability so you can continue to enjoy the hobby at a later juncture. Life gets in the way, I know; it has happened to me.

For those who are simply "not coming" due to weather or fear of the unknown it isn't too late to pack the car and make the trip. In fact, we encourage you to do so. This event has been on the books for a long time. I don't know what the right combination is for increasing event attendance as to the distances people will travel for cool events or the right scenario. I do know that the events we host at 40 Rounds are well-planned, executed correctly and everyone who attends are happy on the drive home. That is worth your money, I think.

During the actual Battle Of Wauhatchie, it rained the day of the battle and cleared at night. Much like is forecasted for this weekend. We have planned an immersive and fairly dynamic event and the amenities you will receive are built into the scenario and the memories you will take with you. Pristine ground and a kick-ass scenario are all part of it. Do you REALLY want to miss this?

For those that are making the trek and honoring your commitment to the event and your fellow hobby enthusiasts, you are why we do this. I think it is time that people ask themselves why they come to these things. It has to be more than fair weather and sutler row. Thank you for doing this because you demonstrate why our side of the hobby sets the higher standard.

Show up. Arrive with a great attitude ready to soldier. You will not regret it. Safe travels.

I will see you on the field.
    Ivan Ingraham
    AC Moderator

Re: It's Time

Truck is almost packed. Gear is repaired and we are locked and loaded to be there tomorrow morning. See you all soon!
    Johnny Lloyd
    John "Johnny" Lloyd
    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
    SCAR
    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
    X