X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Pulaski Confederate Garrison LH

Originally posted by mg8814 View Post
    I would love to help out at Ft. Pulaski. I am a member of CoG 26NCT. I have ancestors in 50th Ga. and 64th Ga. Please let me know who I need to contact to be able to go. My ancestors in 50th Ga. we're from Clinch County Ga. and my ancestor in 64th Ga. was from Sumter County Ga. It would mean a lot to me to be able to go.

Mr. Godwin, please sign your posts per the forum rules you agreed to follow. - Silas Tackitt, one of the moderators
    Mr. Godwin, the impressions are mostly those of companies from the 1st Georgia Regiment. Neither the 50th, nor the 64th Georgia Regiment had been mustered by the time Pulaski had been taken.
    Dillan Lee
    "Exodus 15:3: The Lord is a man of war"
    Jasper Greens Mess / SCAR

Comment

Mike Godwin: Contact Kevin Barnes in the 6th NCST. He is commanding one of the companies of the 1st GA at Pulaski and will, I'm sure, help you. You should have no problems with their company impression standards.
      Bob Williams
      26th North Carolina Troops
      Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

We'd be happy to have you, Mike. Send me a private message is you have any questions
        Kevin Barnes

Comment

Thanks Kevin. He's a 26th member.
          Bob Williams
          26th North Carolina Troops
          Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

Thanks so much Kevin and thank you Bob for your help also. I will be getting in touch.
            Michael Godwin
            CoG 26NCT
            Pvt. Michael Godwin
            CoG 26NCT

Comment

ATTN All! This event is still on! Joe Blunt has accepted command of the garrison. There will be plenty of food for everone! Registration will be ready by Thanksgiving. Also I feel the need to reiterate that this is an authentic garrison event. Your gear needs to be period correct in every aspect. This means NO hillbilly hats / Paki kepis, subpar uniforms with modern fabrics, sutler row level accouterments, etc.
              Dillan Lee

Comment

Would like to support you in this, I built around 80 ammunition boxes for the 150th Fort Sumter, back in 2011. Message me about the type of ammo boxes used, Arsenal markings etc. and I will get to work for you. Will there be any ordnance or artillery roles?
                Gregory Deese
                Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
                "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Savannah, Macon, or Augusta Arsenal Boxes would all be correct. No artillery as that will be handled by NPS staff and volunteers.
                  Dillan Lee

Comment

I will make all three types and if anyone wants to reimburse me via donations to preservation, they can order them. I will make a number for the event and donate some directly to the fort. This is a picture of one I built and donated to the Naval Museum in Columbus, GA.Greg's Pictures 005.JPG
                    Gregory Deese
                    Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
                    "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Rations are being finalized with the commisary department and registration should be coming up soon. We will be eating well!
                      Dillan Lee

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, I regret to say that for numerous reasons this effort will have to be postponed for another time in the future. This does not mean that Fort Pulaski is no longer hosting a living history that weekend, as that is still going to happen. I encourage everyone interested to still go and support a great historic site. Thanks to the leadership that offered to step up in hopes of making this event happen.
                        Dillan Lee

Comment

Working...
                        X