Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Averell's Advance - Information for the Federals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Averell's Advance - Information for the Federals!

Greetings Gents!

This note is specifically geared toward everyone here who is registered (thank you!) or considering registering (join us!) to be part of the Federal Infantry forces at the even this November. A lot of stuff is fall into place and I want to bring you up to date.

1. Numbers – Our target for the event is to have 200 men in the ranks. That will be split into two regiments, commanded by Dom Dal Bello and Andy Roscoe. Companies are filling nicely but we need more men to help us make our 200 plus staff positions mark.

2. Camp – Like the original 4th Separate Brigade, we will camp in two places. On Friday night we will camp at the Pearl S. Buck house historic site, where the men rested the night before the battle. We will be issued rations (more later) there. Saturday morning we will march to the field (more on that later, too). Saturday night we will stay on that field.

3. Rations – A good part of your registration goes to provide for your rations for the weekend. I’ve not heard specifically what they are yet but I have been told they are the basic US field ration. {Humble commercial – check out many Civil War Digital Digest episodes for good ways to prepare and deal with those rations ☺}

4. March – Yes, we will make one. It will be less than 6 miles. I have been advised the first 1.75 miles or so will be on blacktop. We have done more than that at other excellent events. The pace will be slow! This isn’t to help us. Rather, it is following the history. The end of the march will be when we scale Droop Mountain. This isn’t a taxing march speed-wise, but if you are a flatlander like me, please get ready for it! You will better portray these men – and have a better time doing it!

5. Parking – The hosts will provide a lot more on this later but, like the great choices made at Wauhatchie, we will park near the end of the event and be shuttled to the beginning. More on this later but it is being well handled.

6. Ammunition – Like other events of this style, the request from the hosts is for 80 rounds. You will carry your ammunition so we will have no worry about boxes or mixing quality of reproduction ammunition.

That’s enough for one update. Look for more from me as we get closer. For now, please register and join us! Company commanders and regimental commanders, I look to you to help with this process. I’m sure I’ve answered some questions and caused others to form. Either drop a question below here or shoot me a private message and I’ll do as much as I can to help you get it answered.

Best regards,
    Will Eichler
    Commanding Federal Forces
    Will Eichler

Member, Company of Military Historians
    Saginaw City Light Infantry
    Hubbard Winsor Lodge #420
    Stony Creek Lodge #5

Civil War Digital Digest
    http://civilwardigitaldigest.com/

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
    www.historicfortwaynecoalition.com