Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally - A Shiloh Update! Registration Information, Guidelines Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally - A Shiloh Update! Registration Information, Guidelines Etc.

Sorry for the delay. I've been dealing with some real life issues with my health and wasn't really sure if this was going to go forward. That aside, we will be moving forward with the Living History at Shiloh. This is on the Anniversary weekend so we will be participating in NPS firing demonstrations etc. However, we will also have time to stick to what the original plan was and explore sections of the park as a group. Our guiding impression for the event will be the 6th Mississippi, but we will certainly be covering a wide range of groups.

Please join the Facebook group to get further information:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/291623444664589/ and to find the registration form. For whatever reason I could not get that to upload here. You can also obtain a copy of that by emailing me at PFLandrum@outlook.com

Clothing Guidelines

Coats – jean, cassimere, satinette construction with hand sewn details where appropriate.
    1. Frock coats
    2. Commutation shell jackets
    3. Civilian pattern sack coats

Pants – jean, cassimere, satinette construction with hand sewn buttonholes at a minimum.
    1. Civilian pattern
    2. Military pattern
    3. NO federal sky blue trousers will be allowed.

Shoes
    1. Civilian pattern shoes
    2. Infantry boots

Headgear
    1. Civilian slouch hat
    2. CS kepi
    3. NO shapeless hillbilly hat blanks, CS or US forage caps, US dress hats, wheel hats, hat brass, or animal parts.

Shirts
    1. Civilian pattern shirt made of woven material with 3/8 inch bone, china, or mother of pearl buttons
    Drawers – Canton flannel or cotton muslin / osnaburg of military or civilian pattern
    Socks – Woven wool or cotton socks with natural colors. NO elastic or rag wool socks

Accoutrements

Cartridge Boxes
    1. CS issue boxes – preferably something early war western theater – Magee and George, Baton Rouge Arsenal, etc.
    2. US 1857 pattern box

Cap pouches
    1. CS issue cap pouches – same as cartridge boxes
    2. US 1850 pattern pouch

Bayonet scabbards
    1. CS issue
    2. Federal scabbards will not be allowed – if that’s all you have, don’t bring a bayonet.

Haversacks – Documented Confederate issue haversack of painted or unpainted cloth. No federal haversacks.

Canteen
    1. CS tin drum
    2. Documented pattern wooden drum canteen

Knapsacks
    1. Mexican war
    2. CS single bag
    3. Militia hard packs

Long arms
    1. 1853 Enfield
    2. 1842 Springfield
    3. 1855 Springfield, 1816/22 conversions

Blankets