Why so many "guests"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so many "guests"

At any given time, there seem to be as many "guests" viewing the forum as there are members.

Join up, don't cost nothin'..........

BTW, you'll have to join if you want to explain yourselves :D
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Re: Why so many "guests"

Dusty-

Just watched Animal House last night.... I love that line!

Regards,

Dan Brennan

Comment

Dusty, I summize that the reason for so many guests is the fact that everytime I log on the site it is not recognizing me as a member despite the fact I have checked the box "remember me".

I imagine it is the same for others. Rather than search for the password in my email it is simply easier to just surf as a guest, unless of course you want to respond as I have done.

I assume this is yet another one of the kinks that need to be worked out with the new site.Inconvenient and a pain in the backside yes, but nothing compared to what Mr. Calloway must be dealing with.

Rob Tarbox
      Bully Sixth

Originally posted by dusty27
      At any given time, there seem to be as many "guests" viewing the forum as there are members.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Sgt.R.C.Tarbox
      6thNHVI
      Bully Sixth

"Don't you run till you see the Sixth New Hampshire run; but when you see that regi-ment retreating, you may do likewise." (officer of a Regiment fighting with the Sixth at Bull Run)

{History of the Sixth New Hampshire Regiment in the War for the Union
      Captain Lyman Jackman}[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=SlateGray]5th VA. Company D
      Southern Guard[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I assume this is yet another one of the kinks that need to be worked out with the new site.
        I think we finally got a handle on this last night. There were some definitions in the control panel that weren't set correctly. Those of you having trouble with logging in and staying logged in should be all good now.
        Paul Calloway
        Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
        Proud Member of the GHTI
        Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
        Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by dusty27

Mike,

For what it's worth, I usually "sand-bag" and don't log in!
          George Darrell

Comment

I would encourage all who have had problems logging in to contact Paul. Paul was able to help me out and get me back in. It was not too difficult for me (asking for help); can't say exactly how difficult it was for Paul!

Thanks again!

Matthew Easley
            Barleycorn Boys
            Matthew Easley

Comment

Originally posted by LocalOaf
              Dusty-

Just watched Animal House last night.... I love that line!

Regards,

Dan Brennan

Why Pinto? WHY NOT!
              Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt_6thnhvi
                Dusty, I summize that the reason for so many guests is the fact that everytime I log on the site it is not recognizing me as a member despite the fact I have checked the box "remember me".

I imagine it is the same for others. Rather than search for the password in my email it is simply easier to just surf as a guest, unless of course you want to respond as I have done.

I assume this is yet another one of the kinks that need to be worked out with the new site.Inconvenient and a pain in the backside yes, but nothing compared to what Mr. Calloway must be dealing with.

Rob Tarbox
                Bully Sixth
                I had the same problem. On the initial sign in, I was recognized (shoewd I was logged on), but if I tried to post, I was told to sign in. Mr. Calloway fixed the glitch in the system for me.

Fritz Jacobs
                Fritz Jacobs
                CPTFritz@aol.com

Comment

I also had difficulty logging on and would simply visit as a guest. Working perfectly now.

Bill Watson
                  Stroudsburg Pa.
                  Bill Watson
                  Stroudsburg

Comment

One reason for too many guests is i recently discovered that even though i am logged in and show on my site as logged in. I am not listed with the online users. also on the members list its always blank when i last logged in. Futher checking i see other members with last visited blank. Can anybody look into that. THANKS
                    ;) Rich Pisarski
                    119th NY Vol.

Comment

Working...
                    X