Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Great Sox?

Folks,
    I had the pleasure to get soxs from the QM Stores this weekend and I must say it was a nice experience. Now I like good sox just like most healthy adult males out there, so buying sox four different times (2 MB's/2 BT's) and not getting arrested led me to attempt it one more time and this was the best soxs I've had!!
    Seriously, I own three pair of hand knitted cotton socks from the period and while the QM Stores are wool they are knitted with the same heels (Dutch heels) and toes (can't recall the moniker?) of two of the three pair of original period socks I own. I like the Mickey Blacks and the Ben Tart socks but I've not seen a commercially available pair before I laid eyes on the QM Store ones - reasonably priced as well!!
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]David Chinnis[/FONT]
    Palmetto Living History Association
    [url]www.morrisisland.org[/url]

[i]"We have captured one fort--Gregg--and one charnel house--Wagner--and we have built one cemetery, Morris Island. The thousand little sand-hills that in the pale moonlight are a thousand headstones, and the restless ocean waves that roll and break on the whitened beach sing an eternal requiem to the toll-worn gallant dead who sleep beside."

Clara Barton
    October 11, 1863[/i]

Re: Need Great Sox?

Is this the place in Chapel Hill NC?
    B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

Originally posted by Vuhginyuh
      Is this the place in Chapel Hill NC?
      [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]David Chinnis[/FONT]
      Palmetto Living History Association
      [url]www.morrisisland.org[/url]

[i]"We have captured one fort--Gregg--and one charnel house--Wagner--and we have built one cemetery, Morris Island. The thousand little sand-hills that in the pale moonlight are a thousand headstones, and the restless ocean waves that roll and break on the whitened beach sing an eternal requiem to the toll-worn gallant dead who sleep beside."

Clara Barton
      October 11, 1863[/i]

Comment

Dave:

I got a jimdandy linen shirt from Adam Saturday. It is the work shirt #7 from Wm. Brown III's "Thoughts on Men's Shirts in America." All handsewn. All seams handfelled. The fabric weight, color and weave was terrific. This is a fine CS shirt, which I was needing anyway. Got a pair of them socks, too.

I highly recommend it. :D
        David Culberson
        The Rowdy Pards

Comment

Working...
        X