Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lodgewood Mfg. Problems...???

Hello,

Anyone else having problems with this vendor like I am?

It seems the original barrel I sent back to them in June of last year to be "re-nippleized" (have a new nipple placed in the barrel of a Belgian conversion) STILL has not been done. I called and called and was told the item was back from repair and was ready to ship and that was over one week ago. I was promised I would have it back by Thurs. last week and here it is Tues.

I've ordered parts from them before and have good service in the past. Any reason that you know of why this customer service has changed? I hope my barrel hasn't been lost!!!

Let me know your thoughts. Do I go to the USPS and get fraud info if I'm paying by credit card???

Jim Ross
    James Ross

Re: Lodgewood Mfg. Problems...???

Wow. I'm very surprised. I've never had anything but terrific experiences in dealing with Lodgewood.

I would communicate with them a little more. Call them and ask why the delay.

PB

Comment

Lodgewood recently repaired and replaced my cone and lockplate for my Enfield rifle. The rifle works perfectly now and I was very pleased. The work started on January 5th, I received the weapon back around January 26th.
      The weapon was shipped and packaged right.

Give Bill a chance, since this is the "down" time of the season, he may be overwhelmed because of a huge influx of orders.

He should be at the mainstream Olustee event in two weeks.
      Last edited by SCTiger; 02-03-2004, 12:15 PM.
      Gregory Deese
      Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
      "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Ya, I'm suprised too!

That's why it's taken me this long to post this meesage here. I thought maybe someone had some info that there was a problem somewhere because I used to get replies to my emails and that has ceased. I've been well received when I call, but still nothing!

Hmmmm????

Jim Ross
        James Ross

Comment

I hope there is no problem,because I just sent out a check friday for a defarbed '61 Springfield. Just seeing this thread today made me jump! :(

Doug, please sign your full name to all posts - Mike Chapman

Doug Price
          Last edited by 58 lorenz; 02-04-2004, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Well, Lodgewood took 10 months and 2 weeks to deliver my 1855 lockplate assembly (not that I'm counting... just received it last week), but granted they had problems with their vendors... On the other hand, the quality is excellent. It took much more time than expected, but they ultimately did OK by me.

Ed Czarnecki
            Ed Czarnecki
            [I][FONT=Century Gothic]Co. C 2nd US Inf.[/FONT] [/I][FONT=Century Gothic]"Sykes' Regulars"[/FONT]
            www.sykesregulars.org
            www.usregulars.com

Comment

Ed,

Did they ever give you any type of feedback as to the status and when you might have the item back? Or did you wait for 10 months then have a suprise? I understand they have had a problem with one of the gunsmiths being back-logged but nothing was mentioned of a long wait. With no report as to what the progress is, it makes me scratch my head and wonder if the barrel has been lost.

They'll get a call today for sure...

Jim Ross
              James Ross

Comment

Jim:

I would touch base with Lodgewood every few weeks over the 10 months to check on progress - I've been pretty obsessive about this particular item.

Among various problems, they had shortages in some repro items, so I migrated up to original parts, and then they had difficulty in obtaining a hammer - when they finally got a shipment of repros, she said they did not fit correctly. And then a little goofiness around Christmas - they thought they had shipped the item, but it had not actually gone out (that was a month delay right there...).

In the end, I picked up a repro hammer from S&S in Glendale, NY. It's not totally perfect, but it'll do for now.

p.s. Another vendor problem for Lodgewood, Zimmerman and S&S is that the gent (Rich?) who used to make 1855 lockplates (with functional Maynard system) just isn't inclined to make anymore, apparently.

But in sum, while I'm still not happy about the wait, I do have to admit to being satisfied with the product as delivered!

Ed Czarnecki
                Ed Czarnecki
                [I][FONT=Century Gothic]Co. C 2nd US Inf.[/FONT] [/I][FONT=Century Gothic]"Sykes' Regulars"[/FONT]
                www.sykesregulars.org
                www.usregulars.com

Comment

Originally posted by A Sykes Regular
                  I would touch base with Lodgewood every few weeks over the 10 months to check on progress - I've been pretty obsessive about this particular item.
                  Occasionally it seems some jobs slip through the cracks. I had a problem with a bayonet lug/front sight that broke off twice. They apologized about letting it sit around and were very happy to have me stop calling. ;)
                  Bill Cross
                  The Rowdy Pards

Comment

Working...
                  X