Personal Gripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Gripe

Just a personal gripe here concerning sales ( or the lack thereof ) on the AC Forum:

When agreeing to purchase an item offered for sale, follow through on your agreement to purchase. I've had two ( 2) fellers in the last week who were eager to respond to purchase a large ticket item. Both, within a few days time, backed out of the sale. Never was there any indication during the course of our correspondence that the sale was contingent on the phase of the moon, the tides, menstrual cramps, tea leaves or Ouija board readings or whatever.

If you are not serious about a sale or if your word is for crap, do not respond to an ad for goods for sale. Fantasize on your own time, but let's limit sales to those serious about completing the transaction. Goods are offered for sale for those serious about buying and paying for same.

Thanks for your consideration.
    David Culberson
    The Rowdy Pards

Re: Personal Gripe

Duke - I suggest you use the reputation feature and leave a short comment to that affect. I think it's a reasonable consideration.
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by paulcalloway
      Duke - I suggest you use the reputation feature and leave a short comment to that affect. I think it's a reasonable consideration.
      Too many in the "hobby" seem not to have 2 nickels to rub together and need a job before they get a hobby, but, yeah, I'll consider the ranking or reputation thing. Can we designate integers?
      Last edited by DukeRPSC; 02-05-2004, 06:16 PM.
      David Culberson
      The Rowdy Pards

Comment

I would like to publicly apologize to Mr. Culberson about this situation. It was I who backed out of the deal, for reasons that I will not go into (money was not part of it). I am sorry for any incoveniance, and it will not happen again. Again, I apologize!

Thank you,
        Mike Moses

Comment

Working...
        X