Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore Battalion pics?

Pards,
    Back in 2001 (I believe that was the year), a hardcore battalion was put together for Perryville and I believe we were the 105th Ohio. We formed up on Saturday/Sunday morning on a hillside in full marching order and had an image struck. I found out later that the image was over-exposed and did not come out. However, shot-in-the-dark, does anyone have a seperate image taken of our company? It was one of the best times I have ever had! Thanks!
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Tony DiMaiolo
    37th Tennessee
    Hard Case Boys[/FONT]

Descendant of Pvt. Samual Goodfellow 9th New Jersey Volunteers "The Muskrats"

Re: Hardcore Battalion pics?

Tony,

I was part of that battalion, as well! I consider that one of the best large(r) events I've ever attended. Our own Paul Calloway did a great job putting together the 105th OVI effort at that event, while the WIG did (I think) the 48th TN.

I would also be interested in seeing a pic of that battalion!

Take Care,
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

I think I have one bad snapshot of us heading up one of the hilfindls. If I can it, I'll scan it and post it here. Mind you its only a poor snapshot.
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Justin Runyon[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]; Pumpkin Patch Mess: [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]WIG-GHTI[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Organization of American Historians[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Company of Military Historians[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]CWPT, W.M., Terre Haute #19[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] F&AM[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Terre Haute Chapter 11 RAM[/FONT]

Comment

I remember that storm that rolled in on us Friday night, one of the most misserable nights I can remember but man was it a great experience! We were all freezing Saturday morning and trying to dry out but I will never forget that event. Meeting Paul and so many others was terrific. I was Salathial Harrison and one of the "Company Clowns" reported in some of the AAR's. Truly Awesome...
        [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Tony DiMaiolo
        37th Tennessee
        Hard Case Boys[/FONT]

Descendant of Pvt. Samual Goodfellow 9th New Jersey Volunteers "The Muskrats"

Comment

Wick,

The WIG was indeed portraying a portion of Nixon's (not Vorhees) 48th Tennessee Regiment at the 2001 Perryville. Craddock has a great story of the battalion surviving the rain-soon Friday/Saturday AM and none who were there will forget Smotherman the Bridge Troll. Never forget to pay your bridge toll!!!!

The 2002 Mega Brigade of all Federals at Perryville was top shelf as well.

For some reason I cannot find any of the pictures of 2001 event as well. If I find them I'll scan and post them.
          Herb Coats
          Armory Guards &
          WIG

Comment

I believe that was the year I went to Perryville. Was that the year all the Confederates were suppost to be wearing Federal sky blues? I think the regiment being protrayed had captured a bunch of federal gear or something along those lines. I would like to see some pictures of that event as well.
            Sam Harrelson
            Liberty Rifles
            Independent Volunteers
            Museum of the Confederacy

Comment

Speaking of battalion images... can someone toss up one or two from Rich Mountain? Thanks.
              Mark Krausz
              William L. Campbell
              Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
              Old Northwest Volunteers
              Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

Sam,

Yes the WIG recreating the 48th Tenn did have captured sky blues as the top choice for pants. Historically the regiment had hit a few Federal Supply Depots and replaced their worn gear with new and newish Federal duds while touring Kentucky with Bragg.

Mark,

Check here: http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/richmt2006.html

If you can't find what you are looking for contact Tipton. He was the one taking a majority of the photos at Rich Mountain.
                Herb Coats
                Armory Guards &
                WIG

Comment

I must have been 12 at that perryville event. I remember I was the drummer boy for that adjunct. I rocked a federal sack coat tucked into my confederate trousers and have been tucking in my sack coat ever since. Man, I would love to see some pictures of that event.
                  Sam Harrelson
                  Liberty Rifles
                  Independent Volunteers
                  Museum of the Confederacy

Comment

Working...
                  X