Cotton City Tailors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton City Tailors

Does anyone know if Becky Nall and Cotton City Tailors are out of business now? I tried going to their website and it's no longer available. I know that Katrina hit them hard, she was trying to finish some orders and her husband had some health problems. Any info appreciated. And of course this economy is not helping anyone.

Layton Pennington
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Layton Pennington[/FONT]
    Member, Company of Military Historians
    Member, Society for Military History
    Life member, SCV
    Life member: Veterans of Foreign Wars,
    American Legion, Disabled American Veterans

Re: Cotton City Tailors

Hi Layton,
    the website went down at the end of October last year and I phoned her shortly afterwards (I'd been waiting for her to get back into sewing again for about a year). Her husband's health issues have improved greatly which is fantastic news, but then she subsequently broke her hip which was another set-back. The impression I got though (if anyone knows better please correct me) was that even if she had not broken her hip the business is effectively on a back-burner and may in fact be over. She said she still had some orders to complete and that she would complete those and in the future may do some orders for people she has made things for in the past. To be fair she did say "you never know"...
    I have to say that I was very disappointed. :cry_smile She made a Jones type CD jacket for me in 2007 and I was very impressed with it and have been wanting to order from her again ever since. If she does call it a day, I think it will be a great loss to the hobby. It's a sad thing when someone has a great gift and does not use it, but it is a fact that real life comes first and no doubt Becky has her good reasons.

Hope that helps.

Best regards, Paul Jonsson.
    Paul Jonsson (England, UK)

Comment

Thanks Paul, yeah it does and is as I feared/suspected. I have a pair of trousers from her that she made me several years ago, fantastic trousers, and she has them now and is going to repair them. I am sure she will get to it and finish it. She"s had them for about 7-9 months now, so I'll be a bit more patient. if you happen to still have her number could you send it to me? thanks again. She made excellent clothing.

Layton Pennington
      [FONT=Times New Roman]Layton Pennington[/FONT]
      Member, Company of Military Historians
      Member, Society for Military History
      Life member, SCV
      Life member: Veterans of Foreign Wars,
      American Legion, Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Hi Layton, PM sent.
        Paul Jonsson (England, UK)

Comment