X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleburne the Movie

Hi All,
    I came across the "Cleburne: the Movie" website and thought I would share. They seem to have a good cast that certainly has potential. It seems to be based on the graphic novel, which has several inaccuracies ( although still very good). They have a " contact" section their site. I would implore you to contact them and ask them to produce an accurate film. General Cleburne's story is too incredible not be told accurately. Let me know what you guys think.

Drew Lane

Re: Cleburne the Movie

'Graphic novel' - When I was a kid they were called comic books. Don't recall too much accurate history being done in comic books.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

Trace Adkins is a HUGE CWPT supporter, I hope his role in preservation helps channel some of the funds this film might generate go to preservation!
      Mitchell L Critel
      Wide Awake Groupie
      Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Say what you will, but e-mail SENT!!!! If Paranormal Activity can go from NOTHING to box office smash, the LEAST we could do is raise hell, and stop another Civil War film from being ruined. Especially when it's about our Western Theatre Brothers! Anyone and Everyone, go to the site, send them a message, and let's do what we can to make an impression. We'll raise hell when they want to shut down our battlefields, right? Well, let's try to get them to do something right when putting them on screen.
        V/R
        [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Is Braxton Bragg gonna tell someone to sweep the leg?
          Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
          My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Donaldson View Post
            Is Braxton Bragg gonna tell someone to sweep the leg?
            Bragg would be the broom.
            Bernard Biederman
            30th OVI
            Co. B
            Member of Ewing's Foot Cavalry
            Outpost III

Comment

In this case Bragg would be Martin Kove, the evil Cobra-Kai sensei from the Karate Kid movies.. "Finish Sherman.. Finish Him!.. No Mercy!" (now I will go repent because I have added nothing the historical mileu of this forum)
              Jon Harris

Mang Rifles & Friends
              Ora pro nobis!

~ McIlvaine’s 64th Ohio Infantry at Missionary Ridge 11/2019
              ~ Head’s 49th Tennessee Infantry at Fort Donelson - Defending The Heartland 2/2020
              ~ Wever’s 10th Iowa Infantry at Bentonville 3/2020
              ~ Opdycke's 125th Ohio Infantry at Franklin, 1863 - For God and the Right 5/2020
              ~ Pardee’s 42nd Ohio Infantry during the Vicksburg Campaign 5/2020
              ~ Day's Silent Machines, 12th U.S. Regulars during the Gettysburg Campaign 6/2020

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huntdaw View Post
                'Graphic novel' - When I was a kid they were called comic books. Don't recall too much accurate history being done in comic books.
                Hear What Critics Have Said About "Cleburne: The Graphic Novel"

"WOW! The story is one of the best I have read in a long time."
                -Comix Corner

Nuff said...
                [B]Derrick Pugh

Western Independent Grays
                S.C.A.R.[/B]

"Yaller-hammer, Alabama, flicker, flicker, flicker,"
                I felt sorry for the yellow-hammer Alabamians,
                they looked so hacked, and answered back
                never a word." ~Sam Watkins

Comment

Apparently, in this case, "graphic novel" means nothing more than the story told in storyboard form, as opposed to the more raunchy definition.

It centers around the year 1864, and Cleburne's decision to support the recruitment of slaves into the Confederate army.

We'll see how it works out.
                  Bernard Biederman
                  30th OVI
                  Co. B
                  Member of Ewing's Foot Cavalry
                  Outpost III

Comment

Unfortunately the "Graphic Novel" has a lot of problems, and I mean A LOT. The story is very flawed.

Lee
                    Lee White
                    Researcher and Historian
                    "Delenda Est Carthago"
                    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by flattop32355 View Post
                      Apparently, in this case, "graphic novel" means nothing more than the story told in storyboard form, as opposed to the more raunchy definition.

It centers around the year 1864, and Cleburne's decision to support the recruitment of slaves into the Confederate army.

We'll see how it works out.
                      YAY more celebrations of the Confederacy without slaves. Certainly wasn't the Confederacy envisioned by its only president, Jefferson Davis or many of its leaders including military leaders. Oh would you look at that, my eyes rolled out of my head. I need to go catch them.

This website has raised my blood pressure levels in a matter of a few minutes this morning.
                      Last edited by Emmanuel Dabney; 02-04-2010, 11:05 AM.
                      Sincerely,
                      Emmanuel Dabney
                      Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
                      http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Comment

Without even going into the slave/soldier issue, here is a review I did of this book about a year ago.

Although I like the idea of a graphic novel and the art in this one is pretty good, a little more research should have gone into the book, a number of errors such as the following: The rolling of boulders down Missionary Ridge, it was rocks that were thrown, having Bragg being the one trying to take the Hardee Corps flags from Cleburne and handing over command of the army to Joe Johnston,Bragg passed command to William Hardee, who then passed command to Johnston after turning down the position himself, it was Johnston that wanted to have the army go to a uniform flag system and Cleburne had to fight to keep them, and Lucius Polk was wounded on the Mud Creek line, not during the Battle of Kennesaw. Also,I think the author makes far too much out of the slave to soldier proposal. The idea was not unique to Cleburne, it had been appearing in southern newspapers for some time. I was also bothered by the familarity that the characters used in the dialogue. As with all things Cleburne, the definative work has yet to be written, although I didnt expect that in a Graphic Novel.
                        Lee White
                        Researcher and Historian
                        "Delenda Est Carthago"
                        "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Comment

Let's just hope it doesn't turn into another "300". The movie was good but it virtually destroyed the truth of the Battle of Thermopylae. By the way, it was also a graphic novel....Many people take these "historical" movies as truth.
                          I would hate to see Cleburne meet the same fate.

THIS IS CLE-BURNE!
                          Drew Lane

Comment

Well they did compare the Battle of Ringgold Gap to Thermopylae at the time.
                            Lee White
                            Researcher and Historian
                            "Delenda Est Carthago"

Comment

One thought
                              Whose doing General John Bell Hood?
                              He had a lot to do with the death of Cleburne.
                              Jim "Doc" Bruce
                              War means fightn and fightn means killn.
                              L 'audace, l 'audace, Toujours l 'audace.
                              Every man must know his limitations.

Comment

Working...
                              X