Help Save George...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Save George...

As requested, attached is a picture of the new ox, now in his new home, thanks to the help of folks in the community and in the 18th century community.

When he left New York state, his name was Nick. Like a whole lot of folks, Ox Nick has not worked much in the past year. In fact, like a whole lot of folks, he has to retrain for his new job. He's been out of work long enough that he's forgotten his name--thankfully, that does not happen to most of us.

Thus, since its a lot easier to retrain an ox than to retrain a human, Ox Nick became Ox William Too upon his arrival in Edmunton. And the call to work will remain "George, William, Charles, James, Get UP" Good thing too, as too many humans now know that call.

William Too is the unmatched ox in the picture--he has much more white hair, and is about 300 pounds lighter than the others. He is also a bit younger, and does not have his full growth yet. We look forward to seeing him in the field soon.

Last weekend I attended an 18th century trade fair--many items had been donated to the PureFinder Fund for auction, and more funds were raised to aid in meeting the many unique needs that arise in the reenactor community. Its gratifying to see a community pull together in a time of need.
    Attached Files
    Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Re: Help Save George...

I'm glad to hear it, and glad to have been a very small part of the effort.
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Justin Runyon[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]; Pumpkin Patch Mess: [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]WIG-GHTI[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Organization of American Historians[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Company of Military Historians[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]CWPT, W.M., Terre Haute #19[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] F&AM[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Terre Haute Chapter 11 RAM[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
      X