CS Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Shoes

I was curious to find out from some people about how do low cut shoes (i.e. oxfords, etc.) work as your confederate shoe? Do you find they slip off your feet, twist your ankles easier, etc? I'm looking at getting a pair of CS shoes this year and wanted some input on the types out there.
    Jason David

Peter Pelican
    36th Illinois Co. "B"
    Prodigal Sons Mess
    Old Northwest Vols.

Re: CS Shoes

I've got a couple of pairs that I use for Confederate, civilian and sometimes as a Federal officer. In a military impression, the low sides do allow for more problems if crossing creeks etc. and if the area is going to be really rocky there is a bigger risk of turning an ankle I suppose but I've never had that happen to me. All in all, I don't think there's much difference in the long run and I personally think the low cut oxford is very underrepresented.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

I wear a pair of low-cut civilian shoes from time to time. I actually prefer them, as they don't rub my ankles raw like my federal brogans. The only downside is when you're in water...
      Tristan Galloway

Comment

Thanks for the posting to my question. I think I will go the low cut shoe route vs. a bootee for my impression (AoT). Any recommendations? I am looking strongly at Robert Land's Georgia and Fredericksburg shoe.
        Jason David

Peter Pelican
        36th Illinois Co. "B"
        Prodigal Sons Mess
        Old Northwest Vols.

Comment

I just purchased a pair of Robert Land's "Fredericksburg" shoes for a pard of mine and I have to say that I wish they fit me. I am very seriously considering purchasing a pair for myself. They are a nicely made shoe and I agree with the other folks that have posted that I have not encountered a lot of terrain that would cause me to worry much about the height of the top of my shoes and twisting my ankle. I think you are making a good choice in going with this relatively underrepresented footwear.
          Matthew S. Laird
          [email]CampMcCulloch@gmail.com[/email]
          [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rogers Lodge #460 F&AM

Cane Hill College Mess, Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
          Auxiliary, New Madrid Guards Mess
          [/COLOR]
          [I]"An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. "[/I] Thomas Jefferson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
          X