Cool Reunion Pic - Black Veteran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Reunion Pic - Black Veteran

Eight Confederate veterans on the steps of the Capitol in Montgomery, attending the last known Confederate veterans reunion in the state.

Description Standing, left to right: General William Banks of Houston, Texas; General W. W. Alexander of Rockhill, South Carolina; General J. D. Ford of Marshall, Texas; General T. H. Dowling of Atlanta, Georgia; General James W. Moore of Selma, Alabama; Colonel W. H. Culpepper of Atlanta, Georgia; and General W. M. Buck of Muskogee, Oklahoma. Seated in front is Dr. R. A. Gwynne of Birmingham, Alabama, the only African American to attend the reunion. This image was used and identified in the Alabama Historical Quarterly, Volume 6, page 6 (1944).
    Galen Wagner
    Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Re: Cool Reunion Pic - Black Veteran

Neat find.Really cool image.On a related note,does anyone have photos of USCT reunions?I'd like to see that.
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Re: Cool Reunion Pic - Black Veteran

I agree, that's definetly a find!
      [B][FONT=Courier New]~Mia Marie[/FONT][/B]
      Historical Interpreter

Comment

Working...
      X