Reloacting to Aingdon VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloacting to Aingdon VA

Anyone around Abingdon VA. Tomorrow, I will be accepting an offer to work with the Barter Theatre in Abingdon VA. I will be coming out of Academic theatre to do something I never thought I would. Just checking to see if any AC minded folks live there or near there to hopefully find a friendly face close by.

Thanks!
    MLC
    Mitchell L Critel
    Wide Awake Groupie
    Texas Ground Hornets

Re: Reloacting to Aingdon VA

Mitch, the Barter is an interesting place to work. I did some upright bass work there for a couple of shows there a few years back, Idols of the King, My Way etc.(I think I did about 170 shows between the two) My wife also worked for the box office. There are alot of good people there, as least when I did my stints. If you're looking for some interesting people, musicians, etc. , go down Mainstreet a few blocks, to "Matt Smith's Music" . I worked there while my wife and I lived in the area, when I wasn't playing. There were some of wierdest people that shop there, and alot of the times most folks just hang out. Ask for Matt if he's around, tell him I sent you, and tell him to do his "talk" for ! You'll spit up yer' lunch. The Tavern is a good place for beers, and I belive it was the first tavern east of the Appilachians. The upstairs was used as A confederate hospital, I believe. I meet some of the most interesting people of my life when I lived there. Neat place.
    Cheers,
    Eric
    Eric N. Harley-Brown
    Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Working...
    X