Sesquicentennial of the Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sesquicentennial of the Civil War

The Civil War Trust has compiled the websites for the state's efforts during the the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.

Enjoy.

Sorry, the page you were looking for doesn’t exist. Have you tried our keyword search? Go to the homepage or email us at web@battlefields.org if we...

Steve Acker
    A blog dedicated to a very eclectic view of the American Civil War. From battlefield touring, to primary source studying, to reenacting, if it deals with the Civil War it is fair game.

Re: Sesquicentennial of the Civil War

Steve,
    Thanks for this posting, raising folks awareness of the state efforts, and publicizing the websites. Cal Kinzer and myself are on the Oklahoma Commission, and working very hard to get folks excited about the sesquicentennial. The problem we hear from everyone is the same problem everywhere; money!
    Frank Siltman
    24th Mo Vol Inf
    Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
    Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
    Company of Military Historians
    Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Re: Sesquicentennial of the Civil War

Frank,

I agree, if not more financing, most states would be putting on a bigger attempt to honor the Civil War. With that said, maybe its up to us to fill the void. What would happen if every one of us donated, like you and Cal are doing, our time to the museum, historical society, and school-to tell the story of the period we spend so much time researching. Myself and Andy Ackeret are going to the Kenosha Civil War Museum to support one of their programs, talking to the public. Total cost: White Castle and some gas.

Steve Acker
      A blog dedicated to a very eclectic view of the American Civil War. From battlefield touring, to primary source studying, to reenacting, if it deals with the Civil War it is fair game.

Comment

Working...
      X