X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Announcement About The Sinks

Greetings Everyone:

I hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day Weekend with your families. I also hope you took the time to read about the history of this weekend and what is really means. An article from the Department of Veterans Affairs is posted in The Sinks here:

http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/forum/showthread.php?41963-History-of-Memorial-Day-(Decoration-Day)

You will notice that Memorial Day "officially" came about three years after the end of the war which leads into our announcement about The Sinks.

Throughout this year, we have been experimenting with The Sinks to see if people wanted to come here and post about different time periods that they portray other than the Civil War. There are many members here who portray different time periods, so we wanted to see if they wanted a place here. We did WWI for our April Fools to see what kind of interest it generated. Lastly, we did a poll and asked all of you if you wanted to see different time periods on the AC and the answer was a resounding "NO".

So, from here-on-out, The Sinks will be for ANYTHING as long as it directly relates to the Civil War. That means, Civil War Reenacting in General, GAR, Reconstruction, Memorial Day, etc. etc. This way, we can cover ALL of the topics that relate to the war without straying away from 1861-65 in the rest of the forums. If you post anything in another forum that falls outside of 1861-65, it will be moved to the Sinks. This is the same concept we are using for Beginner Questions being moved to the Camp of Instruction Folder.

We appreciate your feedback and are using it to tailor the site as the Membership sees fit. I hope you will like this change. It seems like an appropriate way to maintain our focus on the Civil War and allow a little flexibility for discussions at the same time.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner
Working...
X