X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War Reenactors Forum Announcement

Folks:

This announcement was posted tonight on the Civil War Reenactors Forum:

http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/showthread.php?32584-Thank-You-Bob-Szabo&p=233699#post233699

If you have spent any time there over the years, please take a minute to thank Bob Szabo for over twenty years of service to the reenacting hobby, and that is just for his forum. He does a pretty damn good wet plate as well.

It is certainly the end of an era.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: Civil War Reenactors Forum Announcement

I hate to see that happen, it is different than AC, but with enough different perspectives that it was a daily check for me to go see what was going on there. I guess it simplifies my daily routine so now I just check AC.... It was great for Bob to do that for the run it had.
    Frank Siltman
    24th Mo Vol Inf
    Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
    Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
    Company of Military Historians
    Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

As one of the chief moderators at that forum, we always knew it wasn't at the same academic level as the AC Forum, but it was never intended to be. We took pride in the last few years of closing the gap, getting rid of the "circus atmosphere" and making it a better place for the beginners (and those of us with some more time in but wanting different perspectives). Big thank you's to Eric, Paul, Jim, and all the others who've come and gone on this site for being good partners and sharing information, announcements, etc on here. We're directing everyone back to here and the Common Ground forums, so hopefully we'll be able to continue the vein of good CW discussions.
      Ross L. Lamoreaux
      rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

If anything, it should increase the traffic here. Threads and posts have been limited on both forums and a shake-out was inevitable. Szabo was hinting at the CWR forum closure since about Sept of 2014.
        Last edited by Craig L Barry; 01-08-2015, 09:42 PM.
        Craig L Barry
        Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
        Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
        Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
        Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

Just came from the Szabo board. Apparently Bob's checking on some ways to keep that board alive. More later, but having that board along with this one and some others adds to the ability to promote and improve the hobby. Hope he's able to keep it alive.
          Andy Redd
          Andy Redd

Comment

Both of these sites have been given "last rights" over the years, only to hop back up and carry on.
            "It ain't over til..." ...you know
            John Wickett
            Former Carpetbagger
            Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
            X