Dirty Billy doesn't want your business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Billy doesn't want your business

At this past weekend's Stone's River event I had an extremely negative interaction with Dirty Billy. After what was initially a quite pleasant conversation, Bill charged into a story about how two Minnesota Federals came into his sutlery. Following Bill's unprovoked comment on their “Yankee” accents the conversation with these two Federals quickly became 21st century political- an escalation that by all indications Bill seemed to be responsible for. The highlight of his story was Bill proudly stating that he "hated" those that didn't agree with him. It seems that Bill doesn’t want your business if you don’t agree with his politics, and went out his way to make my pard and I feel very unwelcome. I can't help but assume this had to do with the color of our state jackets. I believe that a key part of the campaigner ethos is keeping modern politics out of reenaacting, and there are after all plenty of others making high quality headwear. Please consider this when considering a future purchase from Dirty Billy.
    James Beck

I think maybe this story has two sides. I wonder what Billy's version of it is. Meanwhile, I am too broke to buy anything soon.
    Jacob "Ned" Nolan
    Mess No. 1

Comment

Working...
    X