Rowdy Pard looking to form mess in NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowdy Pard looking to form mess in NJ

In the spirit of Bill Watson's "Incubator Company" and other efforts to encourage folks to move to a more-authentic mode, I'm looking to form a small pod of potential Rowdy Pards in the Garden State who would like to take their impression to a higher level. Interested folks looking to acquire an excellent dual impression would be groomed for eventual membership while "learning on the job." That membership would be based on those who can demonstrate the correct attitude, project an authentic impression of a Civil War soldier in blue or gray, and contribute by their presence to the continuing success of the group.

Advantages include studying in proximity to some of the best living historians in the hobby. Many of them have led troops in the field (several in actual service), shown the way with their field skills, or demonstrated a knowledge of authenticity on a variety of levels, in both blue and gray, and over many years. I mean no disrespect to any other group, and could name many who offer a fine environment as well, so let's hold off on the flames, boys, this isn't about chest thumping, just establishing the group's bona fides for anyone who doesn't know them. ;)

Loaner gear is available for those who are assembling their impression, as well as guidance on acquiring the right stuff for both a Federal or a CSA enlisted man from quality, authentic vendors.

Other advantages include carpooling to events in the "Heart of the Rebellion." Hey, I have a van and one constant passenger (my son and fellow Rowdy Pard, Biscuit), so there's room for up to five more.

If interested, shoot me an email at wcross13@comcast.net
    Bill Cross
    The Rowdy Pards

Spangler's Spring LH a good template for this

We had a number of new campaigners with us this past weekend at Spangler's Spring, and the results were successful for both sides AND the NPS. The unit impression was consistent and accurate (3rd NC), and we had a lot of time to get to know some fellers for the first time. I appreciate those who have expressed some initial interest, and welcome others who want to improve their impression or develop a second. Many fine folks in the group, and they are generous with their knowledge. We also have a level of frienship and camarderie that makes taking the field a lot of fun, too.
    Bill Cross
    The Rowdy Pards

Comment

Working...
    X