Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What CW related item did the Lady of the House allow Santa to bring you for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What CW related item did the Lady of the House allow Santa to bring you for Christmas

For me, it was one of C.J. Daley's Weller Overcoats. :)
    Brian Hicks
    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Re: What CW related item did the Lady of the House allow Santa to bring you for Christmas

Originally posted by Brian Hicks
    For me, it was one of C.J. Daley's Weller Overcoats. :)
    For me it was a new front and rear barrel band from S&S Firearms and a nice piece of American walnut from Dunlap woodcrafts, for the Benton rear sight variant Mississippi Rifle I am building. :) Sure will look good with the defarbed R.A. Hoyt barrel I purchased in October, and the original lock and buttplate I got for my birthday!
    ~ Chris Hubbard
    Robert L. Miller Award Winner No. 28 May, 2007
    [url]www.acwsa.org[/url]

Comment

Re: What CW related item did the Lady of the House allow Santa to bring you for Christmas

For me it was a pair of Jodi Nolan made, dark blue satinette trousers (to use for my Confederate Officer impression) and some nice hand spun, natural died hand knit socks! Gotta love it. Also being made by my sweetheart for Christmas, but just running a little late, a knit scarf and Louisiana shirt. Not bad for a young lady that's never made either. Doing a killer job so far. Better focus on saving money for the future and not on gear.

Justin
      [B]Justin Morris[/B]
      [B]Independent Rifles[/B]
      "And All of Hell Followed"

Shiloh, IR Confederate Campaigner Adjunct Battalion, Cleburne's Division, March 30 to April 1, 2012

Comment

I received for my Birthday, a pair of French Imported Underdrawers, but Christmas isn't over yet, we are still waiting for the 7 Year Old of the House to return from her fathers (it's his turn to have her over the holidays) to open the gifts from old St Nick. Then I'll order the stuff I didn't get.
        Aka
        Wm Green :D
        Illegitimi non carborundum
        (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
        Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

I got a nice civilian sack coat made from a dark blue melton wool.
          Michael Comer
          one of the moderator guys

Comment

Re: What CW related item did the Lady of the House allow Santa to bring you for Chris

Hi all,

I recieved a VERY handsome VERY warm knit scarf, made by a VERY good friend with nimble fingers.

and...

(*sob* finally,) A Semancik forage cap! WooHoo!

and...

The Official Military Atlas of the Civil War, by Maj. George B. Davis. A reprint of the one from 1891-1895. What a book, amazing maps! Size-wise, it dwarfs any other big volumes in my library to boot, it just about neds it's own room! :p

I am humbly,

Comment

...a CJ Daley gift certificate from my parents...who have no doubt tired of trying to guess what I wanted over the years. May take another 30 years for my better half (way better) to come to the same decision :D

today I expect to receive from Karin Timour a pair of ultra-authentic wool hand knit socks that will have knitted into them colors that will remind me of my wife and kids - blue for my son, red for my daughter and green for my wife, no doubt with a little surprise included. It's good to be surprised at Christmas :)
              Soli Deo Gloria
              Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

For me it was a civilian sack coat patterned after the Burton Marchbanks jacket. It is made of sumac dyed jeans wool and made by my good pard, and cuz, John Ed Ard, also know as, The PackinPelican. I look forward to wearing it.
                Tom Yearby
                Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

1) SA Sack Coat from Chris Daley
                  2) Grey contrect shirt and under drawers from Chris as well.
                  3) pair of grey hand knit socks
                  4) Columbia Rifles Research Compendium and other cw realted books
                  5) Still not in, but a wallet from corner clothiers
                  Dane Utter
                  Washington Guard

Comment

Im getting myself a CS issue shirt, frock, and a military style vest. I will be getting myself a US frock for my bday.
                    Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Money. Everyone pretty much figured out this year that I know what to get myself. Don't know what I'll get though.

My double breasted officer's coat came from Nate Petersburg a few days before Chirstmas (which was AWESOME!) and my belt came from Neill Rose today. SO nice to find a package sitting on my doorstep that wasn't filled out wrong.
                      Last edited by coastaltrash; 12-26-2003, 07:58 PM.
                      Patrick Landrum
                      Independent Rifles

Comment

Santa was very generous this year. I received a pair of Deering pattern mounted trousers by Chris Sullivan (the best I have ever had!), French import underdrawers and a new lined sack coat by Chris Daley (always great) and enough books to get me through the long nights in winter quarters.
                        Barry Smithson

Comment

I received an officer's haversack, painted ground cloth and Columbia Rifles Compendium. Couldn't be happier.

Happy New Year to you all.

Jim Mitchum
                          Best Regards,

Jim Mitchum

Hamptons Legion, Co. G., Claremont Rifles
                          Winstontown

"South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum". ... James Petigru describing his native state in 1860

Comment

Re: What CW related item did the Lady of the House allow Santa to bring you for Chris

1. brand spankin new .69 box with a buff sling dyed black on outside.
                            2. sewn scabbard.
                            3. puppy foot plate and belt.
                            4. Matt Woodburn blanket (this one was actually a suprise!):p
                            5. about 6 CW related books to add to my library.

My pop and grandparents helped me complete my early war kit.

God I love Christmas!

Comment

Sekla forage cap ... ordered my Woodburn blanket on Christmas Eve.
                              [SIZE="4"][B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Eric Michael Burke[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
                              [B][I][SIZE="2"][COLOR="SlateGray"]"BLACKJACK!"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]
                              [I][URL="http://www.saltriverrifles.com"]Salt River Rifles[/URL][/I]

[URL="http://xvcorps.blogspot.com/"]Forty Rounds: Fifteenth Army Corps, 1862-1865[/URL], Blog Owner.

[SIZE="1"][i][U][B][COLOR="DimGray"]In Proud Memorium:[/COLOR][/B][/U]
                              [B]Pvt. James Swingler Chandler (3x Great Grandfather)
                              [/B]Co. H, 111th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
                              [B]Pvt. John D. Linthicum (4x Great Grandfather)
                              [/B]Co. F, 118th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
                              [B]Pvt. Martin Van Buren Straight (3x Great Grandfather)
                              [/B]Co. E, 23rd Missouri Volunteer Infantry
                              [B]Cpl. Andreas Schoen (3x Great Grandfather)
                              [/B]Co. A, 30th Missouri Volunteer Infantry
                              [B]Pvt. Madison Burke (3x Great Grandfather)
                              [/B]Battery B, 1st Ohio Volunteer Heavy Artillery
                              [B]Pvt. Eli Bell (4x Great Grandfather)
                              [/B]Co. C, 31st Alabama Infantry[/i][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X