• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas wish list

What is on your list??

Here is mine:

1. war-time diaries of Martha Abernathy and Ellen Renshaw House
    2. new corset and chemise
    3. I would really love a oak washtub from Beaver Buckets as I am portraying a laundress more often but the pricetag hurts.

Non-Period stuff

1. Gift certificate to William Sonoma - awesome stuff for the kitchen
    2. An afternoon at the spa

Most importantly, I wish for health for family and friends. Patrick and I spent a day and a half at the Vanderbuilt Children's Hospital last weekend with Kate.It was very humbling to be in the ICU and see so many ill babies and children.
    We were so thankful we were able to take Kate home with the knowledge she would recover.

Health is truely a precious gift.

Carrie Craddock
    Last edited by springkeeper; 11-15-2006, 12:05 PM.
    Carrie Craddock

Re: Christmas wish list

Carrie,

I'm glad to hear that the little one is on the mend. My wife was absolutely smitten with all of your girls at Granger and got "that gleam" in her eye that said that it would not be long before she wanted some of her own. They are absolutely adorable.

As far as a Christmas list, I'm asking mostly for Best Buy gift cards so I can replace my six year old desktop computer, and allow my wife to have my laptop for her new job.

For period items I certainly wouldn't mind ten yards of each of Ben Tart's new jeans, and I have word that my favorite seamster is making a killer overcoat with my name on it.

Happy holidays everyone!

Best,
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

I have asked, without success, for reenacting gear for the past 20+ years. I have decided that this year will be different-- I am going to buy it for myself. Then I know it is the right size, style and quality.

I just ordered myself:

1) A State Jacket from CJ Daley for use at the Shiloh LH;
      2) A Confederate ground cloth from LD Haning;
      3) A ************ cravat (bought used off this forum);

Yep, Christmas is gonna be FINE this year!
      Andrew Batten

Comment

I wish all our troops could be home and safe with loved ones & friends. I wish my friends who have been called back up for overseas duty stay out of harms way. I'm hoping I get to pard with some old., old friends in 2007 who I have not seen in some years, those are my wishes.

Ted Parrott
        Edward Anthony Parrott
        "Humbug"

Comment

Health is a precious gift--and I'm recovering mine quite nicely.

As a result, it will definitely be a Hard Candy Christmas at my house, as I'm the primary breadwinner, and have been out of work since mid-September.

And, I'm having a delightful time. This morning's task was drying and mending blankets that have been in the field for the past two weeks, rerolling bed rolls, and eyeing the daunting task of reeling off the fall dye run and getting the skeins ready to sell.

When I wish to avoid that job, my sabots are getting a new felted lining-the remainder of the wool Miss Diana carded up for dress pads and pin cushions is in a basket by my chair, being slowly worked into a pad for my wooden shoes, which are getting a new coat of red paint, along with all the other wooden gear.

Those in the family smart enough to appreciate such will get stockings for Christmas. Those not smart enough will get writing paper. And Mama and Daddy have already put in their bid for me to drive them up to visit kinfolks.

Advent begins in a couple of Sundays. I need to order the rice for Fort Gaines this week. Life is good.
          Terre Hood Biederman
          Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
          Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Well I'll probably end up buying them myself but:

1: Sabre belt
            2: New Texas saddle
            3: Mechanics hat
            William L. Shifflett
            Valley Light Horse and Lord of Louisa

"We are still expecting the enemy. Why dont he come?" -JEB Stuart

In Memory of 3 Sox, 4th Va Cavalry horse, my mount, my friend. Killed in action January 9th, 2005.

Comment

Private Smith's Overcoat from Chris Daley. I haven't gotten up the courage to ask my wife yet, as its pricey.

Best Regards,

Jim Mitchum
              Best Regards,

Jim Mitchum

Hamptons Legion, Co. G., Claremont Rifles
              Winstontown

"South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum". ... James Petigru describing his native state in 1860

Comment

Still building the list, but hoping to add to my library:

- Shock Troops of the Confederacy, by Fred L. Ray

- Red Clay To Richmond: Trail Of The 35th Georgia Infantry Regiment, CSA by John J., III Fox

I also wouldn't mind finding a Tim Bender Flat Top Bowler under the tree as well.
                [FONT="Georgia"][I]Marc Averill[/I]
                Dirigo Grays
                CWT[/FONT]

[I][COLOR="Blue"]"Time sets all things right. Error lives but a day. Truth is eternal." [/COLOR][/I]
                Lt. General James Longstreet

Comment

Well Miss Carrie, I see you completely did away with dropping simple hints to dear OLD Massa Craddock.

Since we're doing this: CHARLIE CHILDS FEDERAL ISSUE BLANKET
                  Patrick Landrum
                  Independent Rifles

Comment

- A new corset
                    - I would really like a homespun dress
                    - my own warm socks. I keep stealing Pat's.
                    :p
                    Last edited by MercyAngel62; 11-16-2006, 01:13 PM.
                    Elizabeth Landrum
                    IR Team Mom

Comment

Federal Foarge Cap for fort wayne

Comment

All I want for christmas is for the North and South to get along!
                        Last edited by MPDoughBoy153; 11-15-2006, 11:25 PM. Reason: because I can
                        Breandan Mackie

Comment

Originally posted by coastaltrash View Post
                          Well Miss Carrie, I see you completely did away with dropping simple hints to dear OLD Massa Craddock.
                          If Mistah Craddock needs a suggestion as to how to obtain a comparable laundry tub at a lesser monetary price, though not without some sweat and ingenuity, I'll be glad to oblige him.

And looks like Mistah Landrum needs to buy his lady friend one of those spinning wheels I have for sale and let her start on her own homepun dress.

Always helpful, :tounge_sm
                          Terre Hood Biederman
                          Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                          Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Mine:

1: Drawers! My trows are under an attck that is ' Reeking Havoc ' if you git my drift.
                            2: 'Confederate Grey, and Butternut Brown' book.
                            3: 'Tiger Stripe' ( varrigated ) Jean for some new trows.
                            4: Percussion Caps.......Right Dooley?

Maybe if i've been good, a Hardee hat.

Merry Christmas Folks!
                            Last edited by ; 11-16-2006, 10:38 AM.

Comment

1. Wambaugh Columbus Depot
                              2. Pair of Brownish Grey Jean Trousers

I wish everyone out there and your families a safe, healthy and happy holiday season. Becareful in your holiday travels and I hope to see you all in the rank and file next year!
                              [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][B]Steve Ewing[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][URL=http://tarwatermess.homestead.com]Tar Water Mess[/URL]
                              [URL=http://ghti.homestead.com]GHTI[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]"There is something in the very air which makes every Kentuckian a soldier." Z. Taylor[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X