ISO: 2nd Kernstown article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO: 2nd Kernstown article

Anyone out there have old copies of Civil War Times Illustrated? If so, there is an article I'm looking for by Jeffry Wert entitled "The Old Killing Ground: The Second Battle of Kernstown, 1864".

I think it is in an October issue and the number "23" is in the citation. Pages were 41- 47.

If you have this edition, please contact me at dustyswb@comcast.net as I would be interested in a copy.

Thank you in advance.
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Re: ISO: 2nd Kernstown article

Dusty,

I have access to some old issues, pretty much every one from the magazine's inception through the 1980's. I will check and let you know if I find it.

Eric
    Eric J. Mink
    Co. A, 4th Va Inf
    Stonewall Brigade

Help Preserve the Slaughter Pen Farm - Fredericksburg, Va.

Comment

Thanks Eric,

I'm guessing it is older in that I couldn't find it through their webpage.
      Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

Comment

Originally posted by dusty27 View Post
        Anyone out there have old copies of Civil War Times Illustrated? If so, there is an article I'm looking for by Jeffry Wert entitled "The Old Killing Ground: The Second Battle of Kernstown, 1864".

I think it is in an October issue and the number "23" is in the citation. Pages were 41- 47.

If you have this edition, please contact me at dustyswb@comcast.net as I would be interested in a copy.

Thank you in advance.
        I think this is the issue you are looking for:

It was from October 1984 issue. I checked my shelves and don't have a copy for you, sorry.
        [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Chris, that looks right. Appreciate it.
          Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by dusty27 View Post
            Thanks Chris, that looks right. Appreciate it.
            I have about 200 issues in the basement dating back to 1964, but I only have two issues from that year and the Oct issue isn't one of them. Sorry.
            [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I have this puppy. Sent you a private eMail.
              Bob Williams
              26th North Carolina Troops
              Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

Sorry, Dusty. The run I have ends with the May 1984 issue and the issue you want is October of that year.

I was rather amused at the cover of that issue, posted on the link Chris provided. The Yank pictured on the cover is John Heiser, historian at Gettysburg NMP. John has come out and assisted Tom Holbrook during some of our living histories there. I must admit, CWTI's reenactor covers back in the 1980's were always something I looked forward to each month.

Eric
                Last edited by Dignann; 12-15-2006, 02:50 PM.
                Eric J. Mink
                Co. A, 4th Va Inf
                Stonewall Brigade

Help Preserve the Slaughter Pen Farm - Fredericksburg, Va.

Comment

Several members from all forums have helped me out. I have about three sources now. Thanks
                  Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Comment

Working...
                  X