Looking for a Federal unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Federal unit

The last few years I have not been able to attend any events due to business or National Guard commitments but I would like to get out some in 2004 with a Federal unit. Can anyone recommend an AC unit/mess east of the Mississippi and West of the Appalachians?

Please contact me directly at milwarehouse@milwarehouse.com

Thanks
    Last edited by JimKindred; 12-31-2003, 06:26 PM.
    Jim Kindred

Re: Looking for a Federal unit

How about the MOOCOWs? I think John Duffer is the POC.

I hope to fall in with them when ever they go Fderal this coming year.

By the way... I've made the move to Middle Tennessee. As the weather warms up, I'll make my way down toward Shiloh and share that cup of coffee we spoke of (via e-mails) several months ago.

Semper Fidelis
    Brian Hicks
    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Brian,

Where in TN did you move to?
      Jim Kindred

Comment

I'm in Nashville for the next few months. I'm hoping to get permanet residence somewere between here and Murfreesburo.
        Brian Hicks
        Widows' Sons Mess

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Jim, have been in the same shoes your in now. As of March I plan on becoming a plain old private citizen again. Hate to give it up after 12 years, but the knees are starting to hurt from all the running required to stay in shape. Already at 10% disability, and would prefer it to not go any higher. Since I make my living on my feet is everyday life. Anyway, as to a Federal unit, there are several messes that form the GHTI, and some are listed as being in Tennessee, which ain't to far away for you. Who knows if I could find a decent paying job in the middle Tennessee area, I'd hop on it in a hurry, always did like that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Badgett
            Jim, have been in the same shoes your in now. As of March I plan on becoming a plain old private citizen again. Hate to give it up after 12 years, but the knees are starting to hurt from all the running required to stay in shape. Already at 10% disability, and would prefer it to not go any higher. Since I make my living on my feet is everyday life. Anyway, as to a Federal unit, there are several messes that form the GHTI, and some are listed as being in Tennessee, which ain't to far away for you. Who knows if I could find a decent paying job in the middle Tennessee area, I'd hop on it in a hurry, always did like that area.

http://www.geocities.com/invincibles@sbcglobal.net/
            Clark, I tried to email you but you're set up not wishing email via the A/C... please contact me off line at wjyoung2@msn.com

Reading your above msg it appears you're in the military and may be separating soon. I'm a Veteran Service Representative/Counselor with the Indianapolis Regional VA office and a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer, willing to help out anyway I can.

Moderators… sorry this wasn’t the original topic we were on.
            Bill Young
            WIG/GHTI and a Hoosier by the grace of God
            Jubilee Lodge #746 F&AM Whiteland, IN

[URL=http://ghti.authentic-campaigner.com/]G.H. Thomas' Invincibles[/URL]

[URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]

Comment

Clark,

Thanks. I tried a GHTI website other night but could not get any of the areas to open, must have been an old site. This one link worked and I will try some of the contacts there.
              Jim Kindred

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hicks
                I'm in Nashville for the next few months. I'm hoping to get permanet residence somewere between here and Murfreesburo.

Let me know how it goes. I have a number of friends in the Nashville/Mt Juliet area I visit fairly regularly.
                Jim Kindred

Comment

Attn: Brian Hicks

Brian:

Contact me off forum at:

mikeventura@comcast.net

I'm up your way often for biz and would love to get together with you. My sister lives in Murfreesboro.

Semper Fi!

Mike Ventura
                  Mike Ventura
                  Shannon's Scouts

Comment

Mike,

E-mail enroute.
                    Brian Hicks
                    Widows' Sons Mess

Comment

Working...
                    X