sewing workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewing workshop

The Mansfield State Historic Site, located three miles southeast of the town of Mansfield, Louisiana, will host a monthly sewing workshop. Don Smith, of the Trans-Miss. Depot Co., will conduct the workshops. The first sewing workshop will be held on January 24th, from 10am - 4pm. Each month, the student will learn how to sew a different, more complex artile of clothing, so that when the workshop is over, and if the student comes each month, he will have a complete Confederate outfit. The first seminar will discuss and cover the Confederate haversack, and each student will leave with an authentic Confederate haversack that they made themselves. For more information, or to sign up, contact the Mansfield State Historic Site at: 888-677-6267.

Nic Clark
    Chasseurs de Chalmette
    Last edited by dusty27; 01-02-2004, 10:10 PM.

Re: sewing workshop

For once, and possibly only once, I wished I lived in Mansfield.

Don, what a wonderful contribution.
    Ley Watson
    POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

Any thought of making the instruction information/patterns available for people that can't attend the seminars, with any registration fees/cost going to the Mansfield Preservation effort? There may be some interest in something like that, I know that I would be.
      John Palmer

Comment

I definitely agree with John on this one. I live in Michigan and wouldn't be able to attend, but I would like to get some info from the seminar.
        Scott Gulley
        PPM/GHTI/WIG

Comment

Working...
        X