Monitor Center Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Center Opening

Will anybody be attending the opening of the Monitor Center in VA March 7-9th. I am bringing a group of federals from the Erie area down and was wondering if anyone else was attending?

Re: Monitor Center Opening

Mr. Dispenza will be there with others.

Matthew Semple

Comment

Yes, I will most certainly be there. A group of at least 13 from the USNLP is attending, in addition to a crew from the Tidewater Marine Living History Association. Further information is available from the Mariner's Museum. We are PSYCHED! Oh, excuse me...we look forward in anticipation.
      [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4][FONT=Verdana]Bob Dispenza[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=Navy]US Naval Landing Party ([url]www.usnlp.org)[/url][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=SeaGreen]Navy and Marine Living History Association ([url]www.navyandmarine.org)[/url][/COLOR]

"The publick give credit for feat of arms, but the courage which is required for them, cannot compare with that which is needed to bear patiently, not only the thousand annoyances but the total absence of everything that makes life pleasant and even worth living." - Lt. Percival Drayton, on naval blockade duty.

"We have drawn the Spencer Repeating Rifle. It is a 7 shooter, & a beautiful little gun. They are charged to us at $30.00. 15 of which we have to pay."
      William Clark Allen, Company K, 72nd Indiana Volunteers, May 17, 1863

Comment

It's not March 7, 8 & 9 but March 9, 10 & 11. As long as you show up that weekend the dates don't matter.

Have not been across the river to take a look since last year but from what I hear you won't believe your eyes.
        Jim Mayo
        Portsmouth Rifles, Company G, 9th Va. Inf.

CW Show and Tell Site
        http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/j_mayo/index.html

Comment

I wll be there with the rest of the marines from CSM Company C. I dont know if were going to do USM or CSM tho. Also, I do believe we at LHF&D are going to try and get a gig there.

(uh-oh i think this means i'll be doing the "Change your unifourm and kit in 5 min. dance"):cry_smile

Steven Flibotte
          Liberty Hall Fifes and Drums
          CSM Co.C/Marine guard USS Galena
          Steven Flibotte
          Liberty Hall Fifes and Drums
          Confederate Marines Company C./Marine Guard USS Galena
          Tidewater Maritime Living History Association

Comment

I might be there and if I'm not I will be going to Bedford's officers school.

Matt
            Matthew Thompson

Comment

Working...
            X