Period Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Period Photography

There will be an event that will be taking place at Old Washington Ar. State Park in Nov. I am trying to locate a period Photographer that is in the Mo. Ark. Tx. Ok. La, area, for this event. I don't know where to look. I have been approached by the Park Supervisor about finding a photographer. Due to its location, and all of the period buildings this would be a ideal place for all kinds of period pictures.
    Some of our guys will be helping me by running the Tavern which is located pretty much in the center of the Park,anyway having a photographer there for the spectators and the participants would be nice.
    Do any of you know where to start looking, or who to talk to?
    This probably should have been in the Photo Forum

Thank You
    Last edited by Parault; 08-27-2007, 04:42 PM.
    [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Re: Period Photography

Greetings,
    It so happens a gentleman photographer from East Texas gave me his business card at the Jeffersonreenactment this spring. While I didn't get there in time to have my own portrait taken, his customers seemed quite satisfied:

Ty Guillory
    Ty's Tintypes, Ferrotypes, and Ambrotypes

903-569-8738
    Mineola, TX 75773

By the way, is there a website up for the November event? I hope everything goes smoothly!

Jennifer Payne
    [SIZE="3"][B]Jennifer Payne[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Miss Elodie's Diary[/B]
    [url]http://elodies-diary.blogspot.com/[/url]

[B]History Home Page [/B]
    [url]http://www.geocities.com/jenpayne10/index.html[/url]

[B]Bibliography of Articles in UK & US Social History [/B]
    [url]http://www.geocities.com/jenpayne10/bibliography_articles_uk_us_social_history.html[/url][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Elodie View Post
      Greetings,
      It so happens a gentleman photographer from East Texas gave me his business card at the Jeffersonreenactment this spring. While I didn't get there in time to have my own portrait taken, his customers seemed quite satisfied:

Ty Guillory
      Ty's Tintypes, Ferrotypes, and Ambrotypes

903-569-8738
      Mineola, TX 75773

By the way, is there a website up for the November event? I hope everything goes smoothly!

Jennifer Payne
      Thank You Miss Elodie.

No,not yet. I don't know if Billy is putting a website up or not. I do know that the standard Arkansas State Park site does mention something about it. Were you planning on attending? I will be doing school day that Friday and serving "refreshments" throughout the weekend. This is a change of pace for me. I am entering unchartered territory as a Tavern Keeper. I will have to remember I am not the 1stSgt, or I might run off my customers. I am protryaing a Mexican War Veteran who is running the tavern right after the fall of Little Rock to the Federals.

I will send the information that you posted to Billy. Again Thanks
      Last edited by Parault; 08-30-2007, 04:59 PM.

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

Comment

If you can assure him good business and the weather is good,Wendell Decker would do it.He is one of the bests.Considered the new Ansel Adams.I don't have his number right now,but I am sure someone on here does.
        Cullen
        Cullen Smith
        South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Thank you Mr. Smith.

Do you know where he is located?

Comment

Bowling Green,KY.
            Cullen Smith
            South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Wendell Decker and Tim Parsons both of Bowling Green, KY, are highly recommended. I sat for a formal ferrotype portrait with Tim two months ago and Wendell was right there helping him. Wendell does more field work, while Tim does more studio work. Both ferrotypes, ambrotypes. Tim's contact information is:
              Parsons Photographic Studio, 928 Memphis Jct, Bowling Green, KY 42101, 270-782-3904

BTW: any one have a source for tin type or amber type cases?

David Furukawa
              Hospital Steward, 21st OVI
              David Furukawa

Comment

David,try e-bay.They are like $15 or so.Not too bad.
                Cullen Smith
                South Union Guard

Comment

Working...
                X