No announcement yet.

"An explanation" - removal of a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "An explanation" - removal of a thread.

I have never disagreed with the actions of the moderators before and support them in their thankless job 100% but to close and eliminate the posts of the "One Hobby, One World: School yard politics at it s best" thread I strongly disagree. It is a topic that should be and must be discussed, the very topic of the discussion is what is wrong in the hobby in the first place.

The moderators do not have to agree with all that is said on the forum, at the the least they should remain neutral of theads that are civil in tone and offer discussion between the members of the forum whether they are interested in it or not. Unless I missed a post between now and last night, I saw nothing in the thread that violated "decorum rules" or was uncivil.

Is band space at such a premium that such topics will be limited in the future? If it is only a small number of individuals who repeatedly cause the problems, would it not be easier to eliminate them rather than the threads they disrupt? If having the threads removed that have been disrupted by these individuals is done, then in the end they have won in censoring the majority.

I am not picking on the moderators, they have a tough job and even though I disagree in this case I still think they do an excellent job overall.
    Last edited by JimKindred; 01-07-2004, 09:43 AM.
    Jim Kindred

Re: "An explanation" - removal of a thread.

If it isn't there any longer, did it exist in the first place? Reminds me of the book 1984, or the Soviets and how they deleted names, events, and faces from books, or even the Taliband when they blew up the statues of Buddha. If it ain't there, it didn't happen.
    Tom Yearby
    Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Originally posted by JimKindred
      If it is only a small number of individuals who repeatedly cause the problems, would it not be easier to eliminate them rather than the threads they disrupt? If having the threads removed that have been disrupted by these individuals is done, then in the end they have won in censoring the majority.
      Jim,

I don't like posting on this type of thread, but you could not have said this better.

Thank you mods for the good work. However, it is because this is not an anonymous forum that thread integrity should prevail. This will only continue to motivate all of us to make positive, rather than negative, contributions.

Comment

It's a valid discussion but always dominated by the 1% whose minds will never be changed anyway.
        Paul Calloway
        Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
        Proud Member of the GHTI
        Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
        Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by paulcalloway
          It's a valid discussion but always dominated by the 1% whose minds will never be changed anyway.

Paul,

Thanks, you are right. I just hated to see the 1% beat out the other 99%.
          Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
          X