Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Wind Pocket Watches

Comrades-
    I'm sure this was asked on the old site but...
    Anyone know of a source for repro (or well-priced original) key wind pocket watches? I am aware that most sutlers offer only battery run ones.
    Thanks,
    Tyler Putman
    [B]Tyler Putman[/B]
    Member, CWPT, Company of Military Historians
    Heidelberg College Center for Historic and Military Archaeology

Re: Key Wind Pocket Watches

Tyler,

Go to ebay and do a search. They have plenty on there regularly. If you're really picky like me, you may want to get the pocketwatch book by Shugart and Gilbert to be able to date watches and know which maker names on the faces are period.

Best Regards,
    Matt Woodburn
    Retired Big Bug
    WIG/GHTI
    Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
    "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Tyler,
      I know nothing of repos, but a bit about vintage key wind pocket watches. My first advice would be for you to research pocket watches so you would be some what knowledgable before buying. A complete guide to pocket watches would be a good start. I have delt with the following people and find them to sell good watches. pm time service(use google search) . Ebay is a good source, but remember, buyer beware! Start with American Watch Co., Waltham, Hamden. Key winds were replaced by stem winds, but the cheaper watches still had key wind, so just because one has key wind, does not necessary make it older than a stem wind. Again, research before you buy. Good old watches are not cheap.
      Tom Yearby
      Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Eallo!

Here's a good place to get started on your research, Tyler.

Enjoy! I am humbly,

Comment

Working...
        X