brogans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brogans

Anyone have any input on the Missouri Boot and Shoe Co.? Quality/service?
    I would like a new set of brogans and a well fitting shoe is something I'm willing to pay a little extra on. Their Georgia boote looks good. How about fitting over the net and not in person?

Shawn Stern
    27VA
    ssterndo@netscape.net

Re: brogans

My brogans are from Robert Land but my boots are from Missouri Boot and Shoe and I love them. The materials and construction are top notch and have lasted for years. I cannot say enough about the quality.

I hope this helps.
    Barry Smithson

Comment

I'll let you know soon, I have a pair coming :). I looked around quite a bit, talked with a few folks and all the info I gathered said they did a great job. I hope so. With all the information, measurements and tracings they ask for I feel they should be able to fit them. I am like you though, I'm always a little nervous about buying something like shoes without trying them on. Anyway, we'll see.

Comment

MBS, Tom Mattimore, and MJN all produce nice copies. I think you will be pleased.
        Michael Semann
        AC Staff Member Emeritus.

Comment

If you do order from MBS be prepared to wait a long time for your order. I have found that if you call them rapidity they seem to move just a little faster. They would be an even greater seller if their turnaround rate were like CJ Dailey’s. In fact I am still waiting on an order from the last week of December.

Comment

Originally posted by 27VA
            Anyone have any input on the Missouri Boot and Shoe Co.? Quality/service?
            I would like a new set of brogans and a well fitting shoe is something I'm willing to pay a little extra on. Their Georgia boote looks good. How about fitting over the net and not in person?

Shawn Stern
            27VA
            ssterndo@netscape.net

Bob, is a good dependable guy who puts out a good product. The only caveat is that it can be hard to reach him by phone as you will usually get a busy tone. He says the problem is his local phone company. The easiest way to communicate with him is by mail. Which is kind of old fashion, but then again it fits in well with the period we are trying to portray.
            Bob Clayton
            [url=http://www.sykesregulars.org]Co. C, 2nd U.S. Infantry, "Sykes Regulars"[/url]
            Honoring the proud history and traditions of the U.S. Army
            [url=http://home.comcast.net/~coffeeboiler/sykes_pics.htm]Photo Gallery[/url]

Comment

Tom Mattimore gets my nod. I have a very wide, short foot (7EEEE - you oughta see me dog paddle). Tom made a pair of brogans for me that fit perfectly.
              James Brenner

Comment

Robert Serio is the best, hands down. He also has some of the best prices on accoutrements and such. I have never had a problem with wait time. You have only been waiting for three weeks? That is not bad. I cannot comment on the success of measuring myself and sending the measurements in. He measured my feet in person.
                Steve Shepherd
                Veritas numquam perit

Comment

3 weeks for a belt, c'mon. A belt should not take that long. I have nothing against his work, it is the greatest i have seen, all i was saying is that his turnaround time is bad. Every other order i have placed I have had to wait 2+ months for the items to arrive. Maybe i have no patience

Comment

I have had pair of Rob Serio's Jefferson Brogans since 1999. They were worth the wait! My foot is medium-large, with a high instep and wide. He had to make a custom last because none he had matched my foot. It took a little longer but it was worth the wait! These have been the best fitting brogans. I can not say enough about the great workmanship. The fit is fantastic. Plus, he now has a last that fits me perfect.

If you want top quality and the perfect fit, I recommend that you go with Mossouri Boot! I am saving my money for some boots now. :)

Houston, you must sign your full name to all posts here - Mike Chapman
                    Last edited by dusty27; 01-26-2004, 09:25 PM.
                    Houston White

Comment

Originally posted by sivart
                      If you do order from MBS be prepared to wait a long time for your order. I have found that if you call them rapidity they seem to move just a little faster. They would be an even greater seller if their turnaround rate were like CJ Dailey’s. In fact I am still waiting on an order from the last week of December.
                      Bob prepares his leather in batches so the turn around often varies depending on when in the cycle you put your order in. Quality often takes time. I had to wait well over a year for Pat Brown to complete a pair of trousers. And about a year and a half for CJ Dailey to complete an overcoat order. But CJ Dailey's work was well worth the wait as is Bob Serio.
                      Bob Clayton
                      [url=http://www.sykesregulars.org]Co. C, 2nd U.S. Infantry, "Sykes Regulars"[/url]
                      Honoring the proud history and traditions of the U.S. Army
                      [url=http://home.comcast.net/~coffeeboiler/sykes_pics.htm]Photo Gallery[/url]

Comment

I have a pair of JB2s from MBS, that I bought in 1994. They are the best pair of shoes I own. I also purchased a complete set of Fed accoutrements early last year, and they got here in 2˝ weeks. The quality on his US traps is second to none, and the prices are very reasonable.
                        Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Another good quality brogan maker is MJN Boot and Leather. I know he had acouple of brogans on the Skilletlicker web page awhile back. Here is his website; http://www.mjnboot.com
                          Grant Wilson

Comment

Working...
                          X